IGNORED

Carpet Puttting

sumo
Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think it definately helped me out with trying to create a smoother stroke. And when I am not able to sneak off to the range during the week, it seems to help keep me in form versus trying to bring out the flat stick 20 minutes before my weekend round. Plus its funny cause you start to learn all the breaks in your living room.

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

100% helps.. Gets the stroke down.. Good for muscle memory.. just keep practicing

Considering new Woods what you think ?

Driver launcher 10.5
Irons Cg gold 5-10
Hybrids R7 cgb max Wedges CG12Putter Newport 2 mid slantBalls Nxt extremeConsidering new Woods what you think ?

you want real putting practice invest in a Tru-Break Putt 'N Hazard indoor golf putting green

4dx hybrid Graphite Irons
3-4 Hybrid
Pipe Putter
Titleist Pro V1...I lose enough of em
Revolver Pro 440sz

Does putting on a carpet help your putting at all? If not can I practice putting at home.

I do it all the time -- 15 footers in the dining room on the Oriental carpet -- and I swear by it. You're practicing the stroke, which is your putting stroke regardless of whether you are on uncut, bumpy greens on your local muni course or lightning fast ones at Spyglass.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I recently changed to a new Scotty Cameron Square Back 1 from a Taylor Made Spyder. So you can imagine it looked very different at address. I spent about 8 hours over 2 weeks putting in the house with it and last week won my club champoinships (doubles) and our opponents said my putter won us the match. So in my opinion yes putting at home is great for grooving your stroke, working on ball position and stance.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

I can't make it through a day off without putting some on the carpet...assuming that I'm not actually getting a chance to play that day.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Most definitely. Putting is not riding a bicycle so you have to stay in touch with your stroke. I putt to a little device that looks like a dust pan that has an electronic piston in the center and a sense pin so it throws the ball right back to you when you make a good putt. You can really concentrate on making the same exact stroke every time because you don't have to move at all.

Plus, a drunken putting contest at 2 AM is much safer when you don't have to find a way to the course.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

I spent 4 years of dental school taking putting breaks from studying and it truly helped me groove a very dependable stroke. When I finally had time to regularly play again, putting was the only thing I didn't have to worry about.

In my bag:
905R 9.5
906F4 15.5
CLK Fli-Hi 20

MP-52 3-PW

Vokey SM 52.08, 58.08

Studio Stainless Newport 2 35"

PRO V1x

I do it daily to a putt-back. I like the solinoid operated putt-back type of device because you do not have a forced rise at the end of the putt. I looked at the big units with their own surface but they all have a strong rise at the end to accommodate the ball return. That seems like it would screw up your eye for distance.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I'm on the 15-day DL with an inflamed handicap so all I can do now is putt around. I was putting into a cup last night at various distances and I definitely was improving throughout the night. Distance control was better for sure.

If you want the real deal take your lawnmower out back and set it to the lowest setting and make a little "green" area and even dig out some holes and maybe even place some cups in them. Or you can just put flags (which can be basically anything that sticks in the ground) and put to them.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

It is great practice for your stroke. You just can't get caught up on the distance. A 4 foot putt on your shag carpet will be like an 8-10 foot putt on a green. One thing that helps me is the longer putts. My big problem on the green are putts that I have to take a hard stroke at. At home I can practice my hard stroke and just have balls hit the base of the stairs. I don't care how far they go, I just want them to go straight.

My one piece of advise. If you practice at home, make sure you put the putter back in the bag when you go play. I tinkered with the putter at home all winter last year. My first time out on the course, my putter was still on top of the bookcase where it had been for the last 3 months.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I use my George Low on the carpet, it is my indoor putter. My Rossa stays in the bag. I think carpet putting is about address and pace so I don't worry about using different putters so long as they are close to each other in feel and mine are.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Does putting on a carpet help your putting at all? If not can I practice putting at home.

What's even better is stroking a penny off a hard surface - wouldn't recommend it on wood flooring, but if you have linoleum down in the laundry room or basement, it will work well.

I putt almost every night in my living room while i am watching tv. I do it more for keeping my upper body in one piece and making smooth consistant strokes than I do about where it ends up. Like a couple posts nefore mine, it's more to create the smooth stroke with no skidding as opposed to skidding and hopping putts.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

What's even better is stroking a penny off a hard surface - wouldn't recommend it on wood flooring, but if you have linoleum down in the laundry room or basement, it will work well.

are you talking with the penny laid flat? or the penny up on it's side? interesting i have never heard of someone doing that? curiousity has the best of me now

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

I do this for a few minutes a day.I have a tight pile on the carpet with some subtle breaks.I use to putt into an empty tennis ball can.That got quite easy and boring over time.
Now I use a small coin to make my target even smaller.Hit it or very close translates to a holed putt.I also move it around and putt from a different distance each time so in essence it's a brand new putt each time.
I also try to become more aware of feel.Over time this has allowed my body to become more still,you really can become more aware of body sensations when you just putt with no score course or expectations.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!