IGNORED

Offset Clubs Everywhere!!

Note: This thread is 5105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it just me or are there an abundance of Offset clubs popping up everywhere?

I found one driver that wasn't offset at the store. Maybe i just don't know the value of an offset club but.. it sounds like it is just changing the tool to fix the flaw in someones swing.. as opposed to fixing the swing itself?

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

Most players dont have the time it takes to shape up their swings. I think most golfers only play 5-10 rounds a year. So if the equipment lets them have more fun when they do play, it keeps them in the game at least.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Yeah but those are the ones hitting me on the 7th hole from the tee box on the 2nd and not saying "Fore!" then thinking its funny.

I'm all about people having fun, but this isnt really the kind of sport where its "the more the merrier." The courses will fill up faster, move slower, and the grounds will be a mess of divots.

All of that is beside the point... I think an acceptable answer to this question, now that i think of it, could be that some people (older, younger, disabled, etc.) just cant move the way that is needed to straighten out a shot and the offset keeps them on track.

cobra.gif Baffler 2h

I snap hook offset clubs something awful. I guess they have there following though. DFB has it right. If it works for you then use them.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I think it has something more to with the fact that most ametuer players are slice swingers come into the ball with the face open. The offset gives them that extra split second more time to sqaure it and hit an acceptable shot.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Ah, makes sense. I used to hit a beautiful draw before people started teaching me the correct way to hit. Now i'm finding a lot more slices... haha.

cobra.gif Baffler 2h

I too find it odd that people are so quick to fix their equipment before fixing their swing. It's not necessarily the golfer's fault as I walked into a driving range to demo some clubs and it just so happens that I was slicing my shots a bit that day. An employee was watching and before suggesting any adjustments to my swing, he suggested that I go with an offset driver instead.

Nothing wrong with it I guess as people don't necessarily have the time to practice a lot and fix their swing but I think more amateur players should look at their swing before changing the equipment. I have a friend who changes drivers way too often. Before admitting to his flaw in his swing, he claims that there is a driver made for his swing and he's on an endless search, buying driver after driver to fix his ball flight for him. This mentality is flawed and one that I feel pro shops shouldn't encourage just to sell an extra club.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Most players dont have the time it takes to shape up their swings. I think most golfers only play 5-10 rounds a year. So if the equipment lets them have more fun when they do play, it keeps them in the game at least.

Understandable I suppose... I'm one of those people that enjoys the so called "journey" moreso than the "destination." I'm guilty of dissecting my swing all too often by video taping my swing and pin point out the flaws. Maybe I take this game too seriously for someone who plays as a hobby but I enjoy the challenge of analyzing and fixing my swing.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I went in to the local Golfsmith and found that I wasn't transferring my weight correctly to the left side on my swing which caused the 240 yard drive to the far right problem that i was having.

Nothing like a free lesson when all I wanted to do was swing a few new drivers on the simulator because I couldnt get out to golf this weekend.

cobra.gif Baffler 2h

Understandable I suppose... I'm one of those people that enjoys the so called "journey" moreso than the "destination." I'm guilty of dissecting my swing all too often by video taping my swing and pin point out the flaws. Maybe I take this game too seriously for someone who plays as a hobby but I enjoy the challenge of analyzing and fixing my swing.

It's sometimes lost on this site, but most people have other interests than just golf. I know a lot of you all golf is your main activity and you put a lot of time and money into it. Me and most folks just play for the friendship and fun. We try to get better the handful of times we get to play a year, but if a club helps...why not. It's easy to loose site that not all people are as in to golf as some of you. That's the same with any activity. I know people that all they do in life is hunt and fish. They sometimes don't get it that I don't want to hunt and fish every time they go. I like throwing a little golf in a few times a year. Just my .02

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Offset clubs have been around for years. Think of Eye 2 and IsI by ping, those have been around for a couple of decades.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

There are a ton of offset clubs out there. When I was buying new clubs a couple of years ago it was tough trying to find clubs without offset without buying blades.

I'm all for people using offset clubs if it helps their game. Considering the majority of golfers out there have high handicaps, it's not surprising that the majority of clubs would be geared towards them. There are still plenty of non-offset clubs out there for those who want them.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's sometimes lost on this site, but most people have other interests than just golf. I know a lot of you all golf is your main activity and you put a lot of time and money into it. Me and most folks just play for the friendship and fun. We try to get better the handful of times we get to play a year, but if a club helps...why not. It's easy to loose site that not all people are as in to golf as some of you. That's the same with any activity. I know people that all they do in life is hunt and fish. They sometimes don't get it that I don't want to hunt and fish every time they go. I like throwing a little golf in a few times a year. Just my .02

I guess my point was more that I can't find a stinkin regular faced club in the sea of offset ones. Not so much that people that use those offset clubs aren't putting enough time into golf. As long as they don't goof off and hit up on me or destroy the course I'm fine. I broke 120 the other day for the first time so its not like I'm a pro telling everyone that they need to be awesome like me. I go out maybe 3 times every 2 months or so if i'm lucky.

Who knows, I could actually benefit from an Offset club. I just was brought up not to blame the tool, blame the guy swinging it (in this case).

cobra.gif Baffler 2h

I just was brought up not to blame the tool, blame the guy swinging it (in this case).

Man, what a rough upbringing. Let me tell ya, blaming the tool is soooo much easier

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

I guess my point was more that I can't find a stinkin regular faced club in the sea of offset ones. Not so much that people that use those offset clubs aren't putting enough time into golf. As long as they don't goof off and hit up on me or destroy the course I'm fine. I broke 120 the other day for the first time so its not like I'm a pro telling everyone that they need to be awesome like me. I go out maybe 3 times every 2 months or so if i'm lucky.

Yeah I understand were you are coming from. I have the TM R7's and they do have a small bit of offset, but not to the point that you would be hitting everything left as some of the really offset clubs do. Sorry we did get a little off track of what your post was about.

Just saw were you added your clubs to your sig. You have some nice stuff. Keep playing and your HC will be dropping in no time. By the way...give the Bridgstone e6 ball a try. They really help straighten out ball flight.

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX

Note: This thread is 5105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!