Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JML22

Driver off rubber driving range tee

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a problem hitting a driver off a driving range tee?
Lately i've been too lazy to goto grass tee range and hitting off rubber tees and the ball goes over the place
but when i'm on the course i'm never ob or anything, i'm safe with most of my drives but at the range its like wow those are all going to butt •••• nowhere

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Check your local golf store...they have things you can use in place of the rubber golf tees.

Tee the ball up nice and high and pick it off the top and I find the tee doesn't cause any issues in terms of resistance.

I used a rubber tee on the course once, bought a few at a golf shop, because it was the PERFECT height for my drive. The experiment lasted one shot, though, because the tee went about 40 feet down the fairway and I didn't think I wanted to spend the rest of the day chasing it.

Don't some of those rubber tee s have a spot to stick a wooden tee?

Yeah they are out there. I use them to practice tee shots with my 3 wood on mats.

Most of the rubber-tube tees on range mats are too short for how high I tee my driver.

One driving range at a recently rebuilt course has new-wave synthetic turf mats which will actually take a wooden tee. But, the tee won't go in far enough for me. I think I'll just ask them if I can hit a half dozen driver shots off the grass right before I tee off. For other shots, mat is OK. It even has a bushy strip to simulate first-cut rough.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades