IGNORED

Any RH carying one LH club ?

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I say pull out two, and put in a lefty fairway wood also for the times when u need more distance. LOL

909D Comp 10.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 Stiff
CB2 3 Wood 15* Graphite Design X-Quad 68 Gram Stiff
906F2 5 Wood 18* Aldila NV 75-S
Idea Pro 20* Hybrid Matrix Ozik Altus Stiff
J36 Cavity Back 4-PW Project X 6.0 52* & 58* CG12 DSG DGS300Anser X 33.5"B330S

I golf right handed, but I'm a natural lefty.

So, my putter is left handed because I cannot putt right handed near as good as I can putting w/ my natural way.

Why golf right handed you ask? Well, I figured it was easier to totally start from scratch when I started golfing shortly after high school. I didn't want my baseball swing hindering my golf swing, and vice versa.

BUT, putting is a different story. My natural way gives me more of a fluid putting motion and better touch.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

i play with muscle back blades in my low irons, so when necessary i hit left handed using the back of the club. it's a great way to save a stroke without putting a true lefthanded club in the bag. granted the ball flight is not as good, but when using it to punch or hack out lefty its perfect.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

If you carry 13 clubs, then why not?

I'm considering carrying a LH PW. I wanted a 2-sided chipper but found it's illegal.

My Clubs
Driver - Nike SUMO 13* R flex
Wood - Cobra 5 wood 18* R flex
3-PW hybrids/irons - Mizuno MX-950 R flex
Wedge - Mizuno MX-950 51* Wedge - Cleveland CG14 56* 14*Putter - RifeBall - Taylormade TP LDP RED

OK time to confesssss ..... being a good righthanded tennisplayer with a twohanded backhand I was advised about 25 yrs ago to golf left handed when I started playing golf, but after a while I discovered playing righthanded was more natural for me..... but I was in doubt, which way to go. At that time most of the lefties, were playing righthand clubs .... so when I was ready to buy my first decent set, and almost nothing was available for lefties and I went the righthanded way.

Today ..... I might have gone for the lefthand way, who cares .... I am playing well righthanded ...... there are lots of lefties today and as most courses have been designed with all kinds of difficulties made around the common faults righthand golfers make ..... playing lefthanded has some benefits.

Some of you say ..... it is seldom to reach a condition, where the best escape is a penalty drop or a reversed club save ....... OKAY that is true, but during a round there will be maybe 3 - 5 shots you can hit a full swing lefthand shot (if you can....) or a save from ....... some rounds are like in an ideal world, 18 holes, no trouble, but some days ..... well I guess you know ......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I'm assuming the use of a RH club (for a lefty like me) would give me the option of playing the ball out of a difficult position and advance it somewhat. But the chances of hitting a good shot in such a situation are so slim that I'd rather chip out or forwards (if possible). Even if that leaves me with a longer club to the green, I feel confident that I'll most likely end up with the same score and make up for that with a couple of shots gained by using the other club that I would have replaced.

Many years ago I picked up a lefty set and tried golf. My dad said I had to switch cause nobody golfed lefty except Phil at the time. I was able to hit both right and left, I do a lot both but liked lefty better. So at the time, I had both a R & L PW in the bag.
Being new to golf, the club came in handy. Hit it a few times because I was always off in the woods. They had less clubs out then, no hybrids or special wedges so it still fit the 14 club rule.

Just started up this year after many years off and I have a full set of right handed clubs. Have gotten pretty good with them and wouldnt even think of putting a lefty in the bag. I can hit the ball lefty with a flipped club, do it all the time when practicing to group the balls together when picking them up. I think I do this because I bat lefty and this would help if I ever land in a spot where I have to do it.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Many years ago I picked up a lefty set and tried golf. My dad said I had to switch cause nobody golfed lefty except Phil at the time. I was able to hit both right and left, I do a lot both but liked lefty better. So at the time, I had both a R & L PW in the bag.

That's funny. Your dad should Google "Bob Charles".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That's funny. Your dad should Google "Bob Charles".

Even funnier, he is lefty at everything except golf. Even his nickname is lefty!

His dad made him switch from lefty to righty. How bout that?

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"I put a pool cue in my bag too, just in case it's windy while putting and i'm having trouble standing still on the green."

I played in 51 MPH winds last November, a pool cue wouldn't have helped. But it was a truely awesome day as I played with two brothers and their father, whom I'd known in high school, and sunk my first par!

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!