IGNORED

Any RH carying one LH club ?

Note: This thread is 4983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sometimes (or a lot of times) a ball ends up at a nasty spot, where options are so very limited that your best option is a whack with the back of a right handed club to get it out.

I feel that it might save a few shots if you learn to hit a let's say 7 LH and carry one such a club in you bag. It is allowed and it doesn't have to be top notch.... just any ex. demo club will do.

Bad thing is that you will have to take out one of your other 14 clubs, and learning to hit a LH club, might well take you some time of course. Taking out a club isn't so difficult as we all have clubs that will be used maybe only once in a round and besides that we don't really need 14 clubs, do we ?

There are so many shots, you would benefit from having one LH club in the bag, it might save you more shots, than having in that other club that is used maybe only once during a round.

Learning to use the LH club, takes less time than you would think, it is actually a lot easier than you would think of, and many golfers that used to play tennis might be surprised, because it is almost as easy as a backhand....... in fact I know a guy that went from playing hc 10 RH to playing hc 2 LH.

So anyone carying a LH club ? (or RH club for the lefties of course).

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

it might save you more shots, than having in that other club that is used maybe only once during a round.

Does it make sense to you to remove a club that you use once a round and replace it with one that you might use once every 10 years? Just flip a wedge over and hit it on the toe.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Does it make sense to you to remove a club that you use once a round and replace it with one that you might use once every 10 years? Just flip a wedge over and hit it on the toe.

do you hit 100 yds with a flipped over wedge, I don't ...... but hitting a LH 7 iron 100 yds is no problem at all ....

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I wouldn't sacrifice a playing club for one that I might use once a round, if that.

Flipping the club with the toe at the ground is the best way to go IMO.

Most of the time you can punch it out enough with a foot or two of backswing with a right handed club

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Sorry, I'm not going to give up one of my 14 clubs that I use fairly often for one that I'll likely very seldom need. I'll either turn a wedge over or take my medicine with an unplayable lie and drop. Over any significant number of rounds, I'll be far ahead in strokes saved.

FWIW, I can count the times I've turned a club over or wished for a left handed club in the last 5 years on one hand.....and have several fingers left over.

My .02 worth....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lol this is a riddiculous thread post
how often do you need to hit a left handed shot

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

So anyone carying a LH club ? (or RH club for the lefties of course).

No. Just no need for it, and not much good is ever going to come from me trying to swing lefthanded. In the exceedingly rare occasion when such a club would be of use, I'll take my lumps and either play away from the hole or droip away from the obstacle under Rule 28. Either option would be less costly for me than trying to hit wrong handed.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Nope I don't. Can't say I have found myself in a place where having a left handed club more than 2-3 times this whole year would have saved me. You may want to look at some course management as opposed to swapping clubs in your bag.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

Wouldn't money be better spent on lessons so you don't end up in those spots so often. I mean if you end up having to hit from the opposite side so often you need to carry a different sided club, something must be going on with your swing.

In my Tour Sasquatch Stand Bag

Driver: 10.5* R9 460
Fairway Wood: Dymo2 3 Wood
Hybrid: SUMO 21* 3 HybridIrons: Pro Combo Forged Irons 4-PW Gap Wedge 52* Vokey Sand Wedge: iWedge 56* Lob Wedge: MX-950 60*Putter: Studio Select Fastback No. 1 35"

I really don't see the point. I mean sure, it might be nice in some situations that arise maybe once every 10 rounds (if that), but even my most seldom used clubs see more action that that. On top of that, I really don't have the time to learn to swing left handed as my time is better spent working on my righty swing.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

No. I can hit a backwards chip with my RH clubs if needed. I can probably count the times I've done this on one hand when playing. I'd rather take a drop or hit a RH club backwards than walk around with a LH club.

Doesn't help on my confidence either, walking around with a club that says "I put my ball so often in stupid places that I need this LH club".

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Doesn't help on my confidence either, walking around with a club that says "i put my ball so often in stupid places that i need this lh club".

agreed!!!!!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I put a pool cue in my bag too, just in case it's windy while putting and i'm having trouble standing still on the green.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

I put a pool cue in my bag too, just in case it's windy while putting and i'm having trouble standing still on the green.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha ........ LOL

I am a lefty...so reversing the situation...

I've only been in a few situations in my life where I would have HAD to hit a right-handed shot. Subtract casual/practice rounds where I would have just moved the ball....and I can't think of many at all.

Know the main reason that I don't remember? Because if I can't hit a left-handed shot, I take an unplayable. It's better than risking disaster.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I had a left handed 7-iron in my bag two rounds ago. I'd brought it to the range to practice with and it was still in there. I hit some pitch shots with it while waiting on the group ahead. Not sure I'd carry if for real, but I understand why someone would.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

do you hit 100 yds with a flipped over wedge, I don't ...... but hitting a LH 7 iron 100 yds is no problem at all ....

Actually yes not with much accuracy but I can flip a wedge to righty and hit it 100 yards. I will confess that I do everything righty but golf lefty so my righty swing isn't that terrible.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Note: This thread is 4983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!