IGNORED

Anyone play Bobby Jones products?

Note: This thread is 6209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the driver and love it. It gave me my optimal launch angle and spin rate. Anyone else try or have any comments on it?

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I've posted a few times about the Bobby Jones 3 wood and hybrid (I have the 21* H3). I'm a big fan... particularly of the hybrid, which has a ginty-like sole that's great from the rough. I have a relatively flat swing, so it's a huge confidence booster from the rough.

Both clubs have a nice heft to them, look great and make a very satisfying thwack on contact. I haven't been able to play them too much on the course yet, but both have a controllable high trajectory and are reasonably forgiving on mis-hits. Distance seems to be only OK, but neither appears prone to the going hook that is my nemesis with the other hybrids I've had (TaylorMade, Callaway). I can hit a nice little draw or cut when I'm swinging well, and the hybrid can hit a "lowish" stinger when needed. A friend just got the 25* to try out... It's a nice club but probably too high a trajectory for me. I'd definitely recommend the other Bobby Jones clubs for trial if you're considering hybrids/woods.

Any other observations on the driver performance? It seems to share a lot of the design characteristics of the other clubs. At my level, I'd worry a bit about less distance/forgiveness.
Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

well, for me, like i said, the launch angle and spin rate that the driver gave me was the best out of 10 drivers i was fit for on a launch monitor and on the range. i love the look of it. it has more of a teardrop look rather than a circle look. i have owned this driver for about 6 months and have nothing bad to say about it. i just joined this forum and was just getting the word out if people havent tried it yet.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Didn't Jesse Ortiz? the original Orlimar designer design these clubs also?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Didn't Jesse Ortiz? the original Orlimar designer design these clubs also?

Yup. They're really beautiful clubs that work well.

Tried out the driver yesterday - 10.5* Stiff. I only hit a few balls at the range, but what a beautiful club. Even with the stiff shaft (stock) I needed to put a smoother swing on it, but the ball flight and feedback were really nice. Great rich sound too. I'm very happy with my Hibore, but definitely worth demoing if one's shopping for a more traditional option.

ya i am only 24 and never did play the classic persimmion woods but i love the classic styling.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

I watched a whole segment on the Bobby Jones hybrid, I was almost convinced on ordering one, they look amazing and seem to be very forgiving. I might have to demo one now since im hearing good things about it.

Whats in the bag!

Driver: Titileist 983 E. 9.5* S.
Woods 3&5: Titileist 906F
Irons: Nike NDS 3-pwLob Wedge: Vokey 60*Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56*Putter: Nike Oz Black T160. 35Ball: Titileist Pro V1-x

If I recall, they won the 2006 (or it may have been 2005) hybrid shootout conducted by Golf Magazine. The testers had nothing but praise for it, highlighting its ability to hit from rough, chip, and even shape shots.

Now if only the price would come down....

:)

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Note: This thread is 6209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!