IGNORED

What kind of golfer are you?

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Golf addict...

Started playing in college, worked in the industry for a golf sportswear company, was laid off as company liquidated, went to grad school and worked at course with my brother.  Joined PGA Apprentice program as plan B, finished grad school and went to work as brother became asst. pro, applied for amateur status, ran a summer golf camp for 3 years, was asst high school golf coach for 2, took 10 years off to raise kids, came back a few years ago and hung around a couple of months, came back 18 months ago and have been pretty serious. Moved handicap from 8.3 to a low of 4.9, still trying to get one of my kids to want to play (they are both hard core jocks, daughter plays volleyball, and son is a lacrosse beast).  This morning I practiced short game at a course on the way to work, haven't worn a glove since 93 when Tour Wraps came out, obsess about specs and loft spacing, bent my short irons one degree weak to get gaps right, just picked up a new 3 wood, thinking about a Winn lite grip for the driver ski can get more swingweights, can't help myself, office has pictures, 2 Bens, 2 Jacks, 1 Greg with Jack, 1 Freddy, and a Tiger, probably need medication!

Excellent post!  I think you and I would get along.  I've been known to hit a course near my office at sunrise for a quick 9 before work.  Trick is to leave before the wife wakes up, so she thinks you've got an early meeting.  Have a shower in the office so that works out.  My last week has been absolutely consumed with analyzing whether to cut three-quarters of an inch off of my driver.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Golf addict...

Started playing in college, worked in the industry for a golf sportswear company, was laid off as company liquidated, went to grad school and worked at course with my brother.  Joined PGA Apprentice program as plan B, finished grad school and went to work as brother became asst. pro, applied for amateur status, ran a summer golf camp for 3 years, was asst high school golf coach for 2, took 10 years off to raise kids, came back a few years ago and hung around a couple of months, came back 18 months ago and have been pretty serious. Moved handicap from 8.3 to a low of 4.9, still trying to get one of my kids to want to play (they are both hard core jocks, daughter plays volleyball, and son is a lacrosse beast).  This morning I practiced short game at a course on the way to work, haven't worn a glove since 93 when Tour Wraps came out, obsess about specs and loft spacing, bent my short irons one degree weak to get gaps right, just picked up a new 3 wood, thinking about a Winn lite grip for the driver ski can get more swingweights, can't help myself, office has pictures, 2 Bens, 2 Jacks, 1 Greg with Jack, 1 Freddy, and a Tiger, probably need medication!

Excellent post!  I think you and I would get along.  I've been known to hit a course near my office at sunrise for a quick 9 before work.  Trick is to leave before the wife wakes up, so she thinks you've got an early meeting.  Have a shower in the office so that works out.  My last week has been absolutely consumed with analyzing whether to cut three-quarters of an inch off of my driver.

We would be a dangerous combination. Some call me OCD.  Glad to see that I am not alone.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-troop

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Golf addict...

We would be a dangerous combination. Some call me OCD.  Glad to see that I am not alone.

I have OCD and ADD. Every morning I wait in the alley for my garage door to close all the way to the ground. Occasionally before the door gets all the way to the bottom, I forget why I'm sitting there and drive away too early. I have to circle the block and make sure it's closed. Not joking. It happened on Monday.

Don't get me started on my golf gear related OCD.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I have OCD and ADD. Every morning I wait in the alley for my garage door to close all the way to the ground. Ocasionally before the door it gets to the bottom forget why I'm sitting there and drive away too early. I have to circle the block and make sure it's closed. Not joking. It happened on Monday.

Is that your only OCD symptom?

I HAVE to do a precise math calculation on most number plates I see. I am surprised I haven't crashed my car yet.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by SpannersReady

I'm a football golfer. (soccer if you must)

I started as winger in my teens with bags of pace. Then I settled into a striker role with shorter burts of speed. as injuries from sport and military service piled up I found myself dropping into a more midfield role into my mid twenties. suddenly in my late 20's I found that the young footballers suddenly had far more pace so I got pushed into a more defensive midfield role and then centre back. This year just before turning 31 I found that really my correct position is on the golf course.

Started in July and I can't believe I only just discovered this game. I've never liked a game so much. just broke 100 this month and done it once more since. However my last round was 109. sad face.

Very similar for me - except I started out as a defender (I had the first touch of a donkey, so no way I get to go up front... but I was a solid defender).  After a series of bad sprains over a span of two decades, my ankle just gave out. If I tried to run, even on a flat surface, my ankle would swell up, and I wouldn't be able to walk for the next three days.  Kind of sucked.

So I felt sorry for myself for a year and a half -- couldn't figure out what to do if I couldn't run (I'd only ever played soccer and surfed -- and I live in Oklahoma now, so no surfing...), so I just sulked.

Then, about two and a half years ago, my neighbor invited me to play a round at a little par-3 course in town. 9 holes later I was completely hooked!

And to answer the OP, I'm a weekday hacker (flexible schedule, and I'm too impatient to play on the weekends) -- as likely to shoot in the 90s as the 80s (as long as I'm on my uber-forgiving 'home' course).

Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

Golf addict...

We would be a dangerous combination. Some call me OCD.  Glad to see that I am not alone. f1_cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post

I have OCD and ADD. Every morning I wait in the alley for my garage door to close all the way to the ground. Occasionally before the door gets all the way to the bottom, I forget why I'm sitting there and drive away too early. I have to circle the block and make sure it's closed. Not joking. It happened on Monday.

Don't get me started on my golf gear related OCD.

We need to start a new thread about how a few of us were separated at birth only to find each other on a golf forum.  I did the same thing on Thursday. I have read enough of your posts to know that you are not kidding.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!