IGNORED

Reverse Pivot

Note: This thread is 6155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Help i have a reverse pivot and i cant fix it HELP ME!!!!!!!

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Help i have a reverse pivot and i cant fix it HELP ME!!!!!!!

With a 17 HDC not bad! All kidding aside I would suggest getting some lessons to correct that. Use the video camera analysis machine and you can easily correct that reverse pivot. You need to shift your weight onto your right foot if you are right handed. Making the turn and keep your weight on your front foot creates a reverse pivot. If you could show some video of yourself and we can all take a look. But if I where you I would get lessons right away.

thanks a lot
Really a great web site

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Administrator
thanks a lot

Xavier, if you ever want to play at Whispering Woods with me, let me know and we'll play. Call Rich and see if he can give you some kind of junior rate - tell him you'll play with me and he should work something out.

We can work on the pivot and anything else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Improper weight transfer is the reason, check out the vid see if it helps

I endorse that advice 100%. Bobby knows what he's talking about with that reverse pivot.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

Hard to fix a reverse pivot without seeing what's causing it...

But here are the common causes of a reverse pivot I often see:
1) Excessive Forward Bending of your left knee(if you're a righty). A slight bend is allowable, but an exxagerated forward bend of the knee on the take away will often cause you to lean toward the target at the top of your swing. If ou are bent toward the target at the top of your swing, the only way to swing the club and stay balanced is to lean back on the follow through. This will most usually cause a push.
2) A desire to create a greater shoulder turn. For those flexibility-challenged, they will cheat and try to get the club to parallel at the top of the swing by leaning toward the target. Not everyone can get a 90 degree shoulder turn at the top of their swing. My recommendation, only go back far as needed to achieve tension. This tension is your potential energy. If this tension point doesn't get your club to parallel at the top, who cares. As you play more, you'll develop more flexibility.
3) Shifting of ones weight beyond their feet. What I mean by this is that a good swing will keep their weight on the insides of their feet (i.e. toward the arches). If you feel yourself rolling out toward the outside of your right foot(for a righty), then you are shifting your weight beyond what is needed. This actually will result in a loss of distance usually, and a loss in consistency always. What i recommend is concentrating on keeping your weight between your feet. Concentrate on making sure your weight on your take away stays inside your right foot. Make sure your weight stays on the big toe and archside of your back foot.

These aren't all the causes, as we know a golf swing has an infinite number of permutations, but just a couple of common symptoms I see when I play with other people.

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour 9.5 neutral, Fujikura Fit-On 380 Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway X-Tour 13 degree, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
5 Wood/Hybrid: Callaway X-Hybrid 18 degree, Stiff Graphite Shaft
Irons: Cleveland CG2 Forged 3-PW, GW, SW, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum NewportBal...

Note: This thread is 6155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!