• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimG3394

Good deal?

10 posts in this topic

Just picked up the driver in the sig today. After a lot of research and hitting used drivers this was the one for me. My SS is right around 99 mph.

Picked it up for $89. Good buy? Everyone has had nothing but great things about the shaft. I loved it and really lowered my spin rates.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Nothing about great things to say* Sorry hard keeping track on my phone

if you love it and it was $89, then it was a great buy!

Very true. Got it out on the course today and just confirmed my thoughts!

I could use someone's help on this.

After hitting the driver I noticed a slight rattle noise in the club. Let me explain though.

There is nothing loose inside the club. It seems to be one of the weights on the sole It did not come with a tool so I brought it into golfsmith and he tightened up for me.

The only time I hear a different sound is when I hold the club with the grip towards the ground and tap it on the floor. Obviously I wont be doing this but I just want to make sure I will do damage to it.

Thanks

What "different sound" and what weights? The 9064LS has no weights. Out of curiosity what shaft do you have in it? I don't understand your sig 1 bit.

Sorry for late response

This is the driver

And this is the shaft

I sent it in to adams and they are fixing the slight rattle noise coming from one of the weights.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Originally Posted by TimG3394

I could use someone's help on this.

After hitting the driver I noticed a slight rattle noise in the club. Let me explain though.

There is nothing loose inside the club. It seems to be one of the weights on the sole It did not come with a tool so I brought it into golfsmith and he tightened up for me.

The only time I hear a different sound is when I hold the club with the grip towards the ground and tap it on the floor. Obviously I wont be doing this but I just want to make sure I will do damage to it.

Thanks

This could even be a case of some redundant epoxy that gave way and is "floating" within the head of the club, causing this slight rattling noise. If this doesn't sound like what it could be, I would honestly ignore it if you do not see anything cosmetically wrong with your club. If you've taken it in for an inspection and they "tightened" something up, there was obviously nothing else wrong with the integrity of your club that could be seen.

As far as whether or not you received a good deal, anything that builds confidence and produces results is a good deal (within reason obviously, i.e. not paying more than the value of the club like a friend of mine did when he bought a used Tom Watson mirror LW off of a random golfer for $40 when they're new at GG for $29.99).

That's the DFS, I've owned 2 of them.

When I bought it used it did not come with anything besides the standard weights. I am interested in changing the length but obviously need to get the other set (spacer/weight)

So far so good. It was an upgrade from my old cleveland HiBore. They said that the rattling noise would not affect playability but I did however read a post Erik wrote about how it could possibly change the swing weight. If that is true, I wanted to send it in regardless because it became a mental thing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0