IGNORED

When Is It Worth Not Playing?

TTH83
Note: This thread is 3965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What spectator experience would make it worth missing a day of playing?

• (TV) Any tournament.
    • (In Person) Any tournament.
    • (TV) A compelling Sunday of a tournament.
    • (In Person) A compelling Sunday of a tournament.
    • (TV) A major (including the int'l match play events)
    • (In Person) A major (including the int'l match play events)
    • (TV) A compelling Sunday of a major.
    • (In Person) A compelling Sunday of a major.
    • (TV) "Really Special" Stuff (e.g., someone potentially completing a grand slam)
    • (In Person) "Really Special" Stuff (e.g., someone potentially completing a grand slam)
    • (TV) "Historic" Stuff (e.g., calendar year grand slam, Tiger catching Jack, etc.)
    • (In Person) "Historic" Stuff (e.g., calendar year grand slam, Tiger catching Jack, etc.)
    • I would never pass on playing golf to watch golf.

I'd probably skip playing to watch something truly "historic" on TV. Simply "compelling" or "really special" wouldn't cut it, though.

There has never been a TV program - none - that would keep me from going bird hunting with my dogs. There's no important golf on TV at that time of year anyway, though.

John

Originally Posted by MS256

You do realize that ALL of the votes for the choices above that one would also be for that one if the other choices weren't there don't you?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this poll. It's a multiple choice poll, so you can select multiple options. 25 people have participated, but only 7 said they'd miss a round of golf to witness something historic, along with whatever else they chose as being worthy of not playing.

Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this poll. It's a multiple choice poll, so you can select multiple options. 25 people have participated, but only 7 said they'd miss a round of golf to witness something historic, along with whatever else they chose as being worthy of not playing.

Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Hmmm...Multiple choice to me means pick one. At least that's what it means in school on a multiple choice test. If not there is at least one person (me) that picked one choice above that one on the list, and by default means I would pick any of the higher level (lower on the list) in person events, including the one you mentioned.

Originally Posted by MS256

Hmmm...Multiple choice to me means pick one. At least that's what it means in school on a multiple choice test. If not there is at least one person (me) that picked one choice higher than that one, and by default means I would pick any of the higher level in person events, including the one you mentioned.

Yeah, in school, that's what it means. But this poll, you could pick all of them if you wanted, although it wouldn't make much sense.

I understand what you mean now by saying that if they chose a "lesser" event, they would also accept the others as being worthy.

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

Yeah, in school, that's what it means. But this poll, you could pick all of them if you wanted, although it wouldn't make much sense.

I understand what you mean now by saying that if they chose a "lesser" event, they would also accept the others as being worthy.

If very many people think of "multiple choice" the same way I do it would explain the vote.

Note: This thread is 3965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!