IGNORED

kicked out of golf club

golfboy12
Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Not when he's 12 years old.  Get real.  Kids screw up.  You screw up.  Did you ever get a second chance.  Give the kid a break.  He's not even here to defend himself any more, so back off.

Especially when he's 12 years old. The kid clearly feels entitled, and was acting like a spoiled brat. Shorty pointed that out, it's not like he went on a four-letter word tirade...

Read the entire thread.

Originally Posted by jimmyc

Stating he's an "immature and offensive brat" is hardly name calling.

I's a statement of fact.

Exactly. It started off civil until the kid kept on with his entitled attitude and blamed everyone else for his issues. 12 years old isn't too young to know better. If I acted like that at 12, I would have been grounded for a month.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm with Shorty on this one, he is just calling a spade a spade. And it is constructive because all the faults that Shorty was alluding to are correctable .

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

A 6 handicapper 12 year old would normally be a great asset to a club, especially in these modern times when clubs are trying everything to get more juniors in. He must have displayed some fairly unacceptable behaviour for the committee to kick him.

But ask yourself this; if you met your own 12 year old self today, would you like him? I'm not so sure in my case...

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by jimmyc

Stating he's an "immature and offensive brat" is hardly name calling.

I's a statement of fact.

It may or may not be a fact. It is an opinion, yes, but fact is still up for debate.

I could publicly form an opinion about you, but that would hardly prove anything nor would it be "constructive".

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by Vector Zero

But ask yourself this; if you met your own 12 year old self today, would you like him? I'm not so sure in my case...

I was awesome at 12. Great baseball player, always having a good time, never got into trouble, had the whole world ahead of me...

Come to think of it, the 12 year old version of me would probably kick my ass right now.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by mvarley84

It may or may not be a fact. It is an opinion, yes, but fact is still up for debate.

I could publicly form an opinion about you, but that would hardly prove anything nor would it be "constructive".

A 12 year old throwing golf clubs at a private club and accusing people of "hiding behind etiquette" because they were afraid he was better than them, is a brat. Period. That is not opinion, that is fact.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'm with Shorty on this one, he is just calling a spade a spade. And it is constructive because all the faults that Shorty was alluding to are correctable.

And he is relying on a 12 year old to figure out how to fix it on his own?? It is not constructive what so ever. It is criticism, but not constructive criticism.

It amazes me how many people on here obviously don't have kids, or are so ancient that they don't remember their children's childhood let alone their own. The kid is 12, he is a little emotional about possibly getting kicked out of his club...Does he have a bad attitude? Of course, no one is debating that or downgrading it. All I am saying is that there are far more constructive ways to 1) Keep the kids confidence in one piece, 2) TEACH him a thing or two about golf etiquette...Obviously the senior members at his club have let this kid fall through the cracks.

12 year old kids are very mouldable...they learn quick, and it becomes instinctual with little correction. The same cannot be said for the crusty farts on here who are ready to belittle the kid and chuck him to the wolves for his crimes against golf.

• Upvote 1

R7

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I was awesome at 12. Great baseball player, always having a good time, never got into trouble, had the whole world ahead of me...

Come to think of it, the 12 year old version of me would probably kick my ass right now.

You sure you haven't got the rosy-tinted, retrospective goggles on there?

If I met my 12 year old self I'd tell him that he's still got a hell of a lot to learn (and to lay off the burgers).

And he is relying on a 12 year old to figure out how to fix it on his own?? It is not constructive what so ever. It is criticism, but not constructive criticism.

It amazes me how many people on here obviously don't have kids, or are so ancient that they don't remember their children's childhood let alone their own. The kid is 12, he is a little emotional about possibly getting kicked out of his club...Does he have a bad attitude? Of course, no one is debating that or downgrading it. All I am saying is that there are far more constructive ways to 1) Keep the kids confidence in one piece, 2) TEACH him a thing or two about golf etiquette...Obviously the senior members at his club have let this kid fall through the cracks.

12 year old kids are very mouldable...they learn quick, and it becomes instinctual with little correction. The same cannot be said for the crusty farts on here who are ready to belittle the kid and chuck him to the wolves for his crimes against golf.

All you've done is criticized other people on this thread. Let's hear your constructive criticism for the kid...

Tyler Martin

To the wolves!!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

A 12 year old throwing golf clubs at a private club and accusing people of "hiding behind etiquette" because they were afraid he was better than them, is a brat. Period. That is not opinion, that is fact.

A one liner on an internet forum has somehow given you an expert opinion on the kid's character? He was being emotional...I'm sure you have your moments.

R7

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by Vector Zero

You sure you haven't got the rosy-tinted, retrospective goggles on there?

If I met my 12 year old self I'd tell him that he's still got a hell of a lot to learn (and to lay off the burgers).

Oh God, I still had plenty to learn...but in comparison to other 12 year olds, I was pretty awesome. Now, in comparison to other 28 year olds? Meh...not so much. Haha.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

To the wolves!!!!!

LOL

Ryan M

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

All you've done is criticized other people on this thread. Let's hear your constructive criticism for the kid...

I've been commenting since the start of this thread, full of constructive criticism for the kid...go back a few pages and have a read. No need to repeat it, the kid can't even read it anymore (PB).

R7

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

A one liner on an internet forum has somehow given you an expert opinion on the kid's character? He was being emotional...I'm sure you have your moments.

A one-liner as well as repeatedly throwing golf clubs...yes, that makes him a brat. Don't need a PhD in psychology to come to that conclusion.

Doesn't mean he can't fix that issue, but he's a brat. Is this kid your son or something?

Ryan M

Dude, with the exception of one line about not taking a scorecard and just playing, all you've done is flamed other posters.

Under special circumstances?? There is never a reason to throw a club intentionally. It just shows that you are a basket case who can't control their temper. I don't care if its rec golf or the PGA Tour. No person should throw a club in frustration of a shot. Its dangerous, and makes you look like a ****ing idiot.

Originally Posted by mvarley84

My sarcasm detector must be malfunctioning.

How about instead of calling a 12 year old names, you try and teach him a thing or two. Or have you already written the kid off as "not worthy"?

And congrats on being able to spell better than a 12 year old...You must feel good about yourself.

There's a time and place for negative criticism, just like there is a time and place for constructive criticism.

The wonderful part of a forum is that you get a shit ton of internet muscle dummies. They act just like real muscle dummies, only they reserve their remarks for when they are in the safety of their mom's basement.

Don't take of this negativity seriously, some people just need to beat up on someone to feel like they accomplished something. You have already admitted you were wrong. Now, what you need to discover is why do you even play golf? Do you play it because you enjoy it? Or do you play because you found out you were decent and you just like winning?

Next time you hit the links, don't take a scorecard. Just walk the course, play your shots, and enjoy the game for what it is. You will eventually come to realise that shanks, slices, and hooks all happen...even to the pros. They are just part of the game, and luck of the draw sometimes.

It wasn't really constructive, and offered no insightful comments on how the OP can improve. I fail to see why it "needed to be said".

He didn't even put the kid in his place...He just called him names. Not constructive at all, nor does it contribute to the thread other than for Shorty to feel better that he called a 12 year old some names.

Shorty's latest post sums things up much better and to the point.

Tyler Martin

A one-liner as well as repeatedly throwing golf clubs...yes, that makes him a brat. Don't need a PhD in psychology to come to that conclusion.

Doesn't mean he can't fix that issue, but he's a brat. Is this kid your son or something?

No, but I do have a 13 year old son. I've been dealing with a testosterone filled hormonal rollercoaster for about a year an a half.

I'm not trying to excuse the kid's actions at all, but he obviously has never had any "golf parenting". He got busted, now he is taking his licks and carrying on. Rather than just call him a brat, make some insightful recommendations that can help improve the kid's game.

R7

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

No, but I do have a 13 year old son. I've been dealing with a testosterone filled hormonal rollercoaster for about a year an a half.

Have you considered getting some wolves?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

At 12 I was three years short of becoming a club thrower and am shamed to this day to even think of it. To be looked at askance by a member of my club ONCE stopped me in my tracks and the thought that a new player wouldn't be the same is very sad. I certainly don't remember being defended by adults for threatening legal action when I was put in my place. 12 year old are by their very nature immature. They have to be. They don't have to remain so and they should be capable reflection, even in an immediate and reactionary way in the face of criticism. This hasn't happened here. This child isn't even shocked at the the way other golfers perceive him. He thinks they have a problem and would like them to conform to his view of his own behavior. This should be a great opportunity for him if he has the sense to recognize it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!