IGNORED

Typically - do you take a FULL practice swing before every shot ?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont do a full swing, I just go a half swing, trying to get the right feel through and making sure that Im rolling my arms and having the back of my left hand facing the target at impact.  Moment of impact is all that really matters anyways.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If you are taking divots with a practice swing, then you are practicing poor etiquette.  Part of the player's etiquette responsibilities is to respect and care for the course, and taking divots when you aren't hitting the ball doesn't qualify.  Edit:  Oops, forgot to multiquote... sorry guys. :8)

Sorry I should have been more specific, taking beaver tails from the fairway is not acceptable but going down in deep rough to feel the bounce and the grass/hosel interaction is what helps me figure out what I'm going to have to do to pull off the shot or more specifically tell me what shot I can hit unfortunately that can lead to some dirt in the grooves once in a while. Grazing the grass crown from the rough or fairway in a practice swing is preferable for my routine but if I'm off in the crap I am not shy about taking a practice swing that has a steep angle of attack, once I a while the forward shaft lean and attack angle exceed the bounce ability of the sole. Like a lot of the comments I've read on here most of the time I into to address grip a go but that's mostly from the fairway or shorter rough ...I'm totally with you on the etiquette and damaging the course or taking obscene divots , not cool at all

• Upvote 1

The first few years I played I took a full practice swing, more specifically a practice swing that matched whatever shot I was going to attempt.  Over the years it's morphed into just two half like swings while I'm standing behind the ball picking out my target.  Then at address I get set, play the shot in my mind and then swing away!

I want to get away from playing the shot in my mind, I fell like I get "stuck" sometimes and it screws up my tempo.  I've played some of my best golf when I'm rushing a round because I didn't really have time to play and went away.  Those days usually go pretty well.  So this year I'm going to focus on picking my target and committing to my shot and just doing it!  Spending less time over analyzing things.

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!