Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tamuk2016

Wedge bounce!

9 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Probably a lot more than you might think. I can hit a wedge with over 20° of bounce off the hardest hardpan.

Bounce is just one thing. The grind, the camber, the sole width matter too.

Lots of threads here about good pitching technique, including: and this one on bounce: .

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a 56 degree wedge with 16 bounce and I always hit it thin! Never do that with my other clubs!

I think it also depends on your swing type. If you're a sweeper, then a low bounce wedge is ideal. If you're a digger, use a higher bounce. You can also have some variation. I carry a low bounce 60, high bounce 56, and medium bounce 52. I prefer using the 56 off the fairway and in the trap, and the 60 in the rough.

I have a 56 degree wedge with 16 bounce and I always hit it thin! Never do that with my other clubs!

Maybe you need to move the ball back in your stance or you have flip and the bounce makes it more evident with the club.

I think that the 16 degrees of bounce is too much because my swing is more sweeping. Need to go try new wedges soon! Got to improve that short game desperately!

I think that the 16 degrees of bounce is too much because my swing is more sweeping. Need to go try new wedges soon! Got to improve that short game desperately!

Do you have any other wedges? What are the bounces on them?

It's all about your swing. The ground does play into it but your swing had way more to do with the bounce then the ground imo