IGNORED

REALLY Need Putting Help 10 GIRs and not a single Par

Note: This thread is 3537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol

I just played 9 this morning for a 10 over 45 with ..................22 putts....... :( well it was a 4 ball so am accounting the bad putting to pressure

Just don't lose too much money. Just. . .relax. . . B-)

Look into Edel putters too, I'm starting to look into it as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't lose too much money. Just. . .relax. . .B-) Look into Edel putters too, I'm starting to look into it as well.

Didnt lose :) my partner played par :) it was hot at 92 with 50% humidity also. Stable ford :) Edel isn't available here. Did try a scotty and Was blown over but at appx $450 out of my range.

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

87 on a par 70 with 40 putts :)

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

• 4 weeks later...
And the putts are back with a vengeance. 96 today on a par 70. But 46 putts ........ Most if nt all misses were the short 3-5 footers on like 10 holes .......... Grrrrrrr

And the putts are back with a vengeance. 96 today on a par 70. But 46 putts ........ Most if nt all misses were the short 3-5 footers on like 10 holes .......... Grrrrrrr

I want you to try this at your house..

Just put a ball at one end of the carpet about 5 - 10 feet away and try to putt to that ball..

Then let us know did you miss to the right of the ball?  To the left of the ball?  Short of the ball?  Left and long of the ball?  right and long of the ball?  or did you hit the ball?

How many of the above out of 25 putts for example and do you see a pattern?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I want you to try this at your house..

Just put a ball at one end of the carpet about 5 - 10 feet away and try to putt to that ball..

Then let us know did you miss to the right of the ball?  To the left of the ball?  Short of the ball?  Left and long of the ball?  right and long of the ball?  or did you hit the ball?

How many of the above out of 25 putts for example and do you see a pattern?

at 3-5 feet it is ball high to the left

at 8-10 feet it is a lil short to the right

another thing i noticed was that when using my putter it moves a lil while swinging, i used another putter( felt much heavier than mine) and it would not move and stay on the swing path / plane and i was not missing these putts ? could a heavier putter / putter feeling heavier be of some help ?

another thing i noticed was that when using my putter it moves a lil while swinging, i used another putter( felt much heavier than mine) and it would not move and stay on the swing path / plane and i was not missing these putts ? could a heavier putter / putter feeling heavier be of some help ?

If that was the case then my best suggestion is to go to a store and test out a bunch of putters of different looks, shapes & weights.

Even better is you getting fitted for a putter by a professional.

The whole point of the exercise I mentioned is to point out that you can figure things out right in your own house.. For now, just do 10 footers and see how you miss, then adjust your body alignments and see if that helps.. or adjust your aim.. Basically do what ever it takes to hit that line every time.. If you can't hit the line you are aiming at then you will never get any putt in, so start there.  Then you can worry about the distance control & reading the greens.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

A few years back there was a putter called the "Heavy Putter". Don't think they're still in business because I saw a golf retailer with a bin full of them for $35 a piece. You can make your own putter and put lead or tungsten in the tip and even backweight the grip. Watch out though. You may become a club ho.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

If that was the case then my best suggestion is to go to a store and test out a bunch of putters of different looks, shapes & weights.

Even better is you getting fitted for a putter by a professional.

The whole point of the exercise I mentioned is to point out that you can figure things out right in your own house.. For now, just do 10 footers and see how you miss, then adjust your body alignments and see if that helps.. or adjust your aim.. Basically do what ever it takes to hit that line every time.. If you can't hit the line you are aiming at then you will never get any putt in, so start there.  Then you can worry about the distance control & reading the greens.

understand what you are saying but if i am aiming correctly but the putter moves off line in the back swing because it is light and i cant feel it  wouldnt that cause misses aswell .... just a thought ...

tried out a few putters what i really liked was the odyssey metal x two ball which felt great off the face and the balance and the ODYSSEY VERSA #7  PUTTER . Currently am using the Taylormade White Smoke IN 12 . The Tm weight is 345 Gm and the Odyssey is 350 G, but feels much heavier, The tm it feels the weight is in the grio / shaft and the odyssey feels as if the weight is in the club head. does 5 g make such a big diff ?

As soon as I threaten changing the putter it starts working .... Had a 42/47 for a 90 today with 36 putts ..........grrrrrrr

• 1 month later...

BACK again esp with the short 5 ft and inside putts, missing them left of the hole

105 pn a par 72 with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ........................................................................................... 58 Putts

YES you read it correct 58 !!!!! my 8 yr old who picked up a club 3 months back can do better ......................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BACK again esp with the short 5 ft and inside putts, missing them left of the hole  105 pn a par 72 with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ........................................................................................... 58 Putts  YES you read it correct 58 !!!!! my 8 yr old who picked up a club 3 months back can do better ......................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ouch. Have you ever tried the technique of pretending to roll the ball to the hole first, before you putt. Get the sense of how hard to swing your arms if you were to roll the ball (no club). Then putt with that same sense of force through the ball. Maybe carry an extra ball in your pocket and actually roll one to the hole first. Feel how hard your arm had to release the ball. Did it go too far? Too short? Then adjust yourself and putt with that sensation. Obviously it's illegal but geez, you need help, man. Try anything at this point, I'd say.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Ouch.

Have you ever tried the technique of pretending to roll the ball to the hole first, before you putt. Get the sense of how hard to swing your arms if you were to roll the ball (no club). Then putt with that same sense of force through the ball.

Maybe carry an extra ball in your pocket and actually roll one to the hole first. Feel how hard your arm had to release the ball. Did it go too far? Too short? Then adjust yourself and putt with that sensation. Obviously it's illegal but geez, you need help, man. Try anything at this point, I'd say.

Done that when i play alone but in a 2 ball or 4 ball , i cant, issues arent leaving it short any more, it is the 5 feet to 1 feet putts that are causing major grief, all of then go past the hole but i miss then to the left i inadvertently pull my hands in at the last minute or close the face f the putter.... so instead of having 1 putt for par or birdie i end up having 2-3-4 putts for par bogie double bogie or worse, on a par 4, i was on in 3 and then 5 putted .... yup 5 !!!!

BACK again esp with the short 5 ft and inside putts, missing them left of the hole  105 pn a par 72 with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ........................................................................................... 58 Putts  YES you read it correct 58 !!!!! my 8 yr old who picked up a club 3 months back can do better ......................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I feel ya. I miss 5 feet and in too much. However 58 putts has to mean you don't practice effectively. Without seeing your putting stroke my guess is your follow through is too long on putts. In other words say you have a 5 foot putt, if you start your putter in the middle of your stance and go to your back foot on your backstroke but you go past your front foot on your follow through then you are going too far. Your follow through should match the length of your back stroke. But again that's just my opinion without seeing your stroke.

James

I feel ya. I miss 5 feet and in too much. However 58 putts has to mean you don't practice effectively. Without seeing your putting stroke my guess is your follow through is too long on putts. In other words say you have a 5 foot putt, if you start your putter in the middle of your stance and go to your back foot on your backstroke but you go past your front foot on your follow through then you are going too far. Your follow through should match the length of your back stroke. But again that's just my opinion without seeing your stroke.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74345/my-swing-achadha7/0_100#post_1027932 Here it is from a while bk, only diff is that now the slight lower body movement is gone

Note: This thread is 3537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!