IGNORED

Travel with clubs or not.

Alohaed
Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If your score is very important to you then you should bring your clubs with you. If cost is very important to you then you should call the golf courses ahead of time to find out their rental fees AND what clubs they are renting to you. If neither of these are important to you and you simply love to play golf then leave your clubs at home and enjoy your rounds away from your home course.

If your score is very important to you then you should bring your clubs with you. If cost is very important to you then you should call the golf courses ahead of time to find out their rental fees AND what clubs they are renting to you. If neither of these are important to you and you simply love to play golf then leave your clubs at home and enjoy your rounds away from your home course.

Score is not important to me, and yup, I simply love to play golf. Especially since I am on vacation, taking lessons one day, playing the rest. Of course, if I were playing 3+ days, I would bring my own then.

Do you know how the lesson will be conducted? A lot of times, a lesson will only require a single club.....say your six iron. If that's the case you could put yours in your brother's bag and then rent clubs for the round. If you can squeeze them in, maybe put your putter and driver in his bag too. Personally, I'd bring my own though. I wouldn't want to take a lesson without my club(s).

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bring your own clubs.

When i play in Spain ( we have a house there with the family )

I always bring my own clubs.

My old set is there ( Taylormade Tour preferred '08 irons, R11 woods and driver scotty putter.

I still prefer to play my clubs i always play in the Netherlands just because i'm used to them.

and i know the distances

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Bring your clubs. I rented clubs on vacation once and I won't do it again. I'm bad enough with my own sticks, but to have to adjust to everything in the bag was the worst.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got back yesterday. I agree with most of you. I WILL bring my clubs from now on. For each course, the rentals were a mixed set of clunky, fat irons and woods I never heard of. No 3, 4 or 5 irons and no hybrids. Old, worn and not very clean grips. And who knows what kind of shafts were used. I know this isn't common, since I know some friends who rented clubs on their vacations and rented some great TMs, Callaways. Even myself, 9 years ago in Kapalua, rented some awesome Ping I 3+ irons. I guess you get what you pay for, since I paid $15 and $25 to rent. Although the courses were country clubs with very upscale pro shops, etc.

Anyways, thanks for all your input. One more question. What do you guys travel with: cart bags or stand bags? Even for 4+ days golf, a stand bag should be ok, only needing enough pockets for tees, balls and gloves? Plus it would be lighter, to then carry an extra pair of shoes in the travel bag. Then I won't have to spend the money on the large Club Glove Last bag. I can get their Burst Proof, or the Ogio bag. So long as I can put the CG Stiff Arm in there as well. Then use the money saved for golf. Or beers after the round. :beer: Just looking for ideas.

Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!