• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rdsandy

Full swing with a Medicus Hinged Club

4 posts in this topic

I have hit a ball with a 5 iron Medicus 165 yards with good direction. This is a generic shaft with a hinge in the middle. How can a high priced shaft be that much better than a shaft that literally bends 90 degrees?

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

It's been a while since I've hit the Medicus but I would say you can swing a "standard" shaft at full speed while that would be harder to do with the Medicus. I'm not even sure if you're suppose to practice with the Medicus at full speed, it's a training aid.

Awards and Achievements

It's been a while since I've hit the Medicus but I would say you can swing a "standard" shaft at full speed while that would be harder to do with the Medicus. I'm not even sure if you're suppose to practice with the Medicus at full speed, it's a training aid.

I know it's a training aid but one of the marketing claims was that if you swing it right you can hit balls, and it is true. I guess what I'm saying is if I can hit a reasonably good shot (165 yds, good direction) with a shaft with a hinge in it, a $3 shaft maybe would get me to 170-175 yds and a better dispersion, and a $25 shaft would get me?

Awards and Achievements

I know it's a training aid but one of the marketing claims was that if you swing it right you can hit balls, and it is true. I guess what I'm saying is if I can hit a reasonably good shot (165 yds, good direction) with a shaft with a hinge in it, a $3 shaft maybe would get me to 170-175 yds and a better dispersion, and a $25 shaft would get me?

Not sure, a shaft being more expensive doesn't necessarily make it better. Depends on your swing speed, impact conditions, stuff like that.

Awards and Achievements