IGNORED

My Swing (Slowcelica)

Slowcelica

Upped my average drive to 193 today, and even though I hit some to the right they were not terribly far right with the exception of 4 drives, one was really short, and the others were way right.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to post an update on my swing, I have been working with evolvr for about a year now I think and I just wanted to put up a still of a before and after of just after impact. The before is on the left,I think it was taken around December, and the after is on the right.

RBoldandnew.jpg

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to post an update to my swing thread and give a thanks to @cbrian, if anyone is in the atlanta area and looking for a good instructor I would highly recommend him.

I've been working with @cbrian and evolver for 2 years now, and I recently got the chance to see him in person. Since working with brian my score has dropped from around a 100 average down to low 90's and this year I had my lowest round ever an 85. My big miss before working with brian was a push slice with driver, and slice with irons, and inconsistent contact fat, thins. The slice is now gone for the most part, yea I'll hit one every once in a while but rarely as bad as before, the fat and thin shots are also gone now for the most part. I've gone from getting lucky and hitting 1 GIR a round to a personal best last round of 39%.

So while I was in Atlanta, Brian did kind of a mini clinic with me where we worked on full swing, chipping, pitching, putting and driver. Fullswing he had an idea of what he wanted me to work on already from working with him through evolvr, but he identified some extra things that he couldnt pick out on video. We worked on getting the feel of what I needed to work on for about an hour or so and then we went on to work on chipping and pitching. I had sent him a few submissions already on this area as well, this is one of my worst areas, and it is not abnormal for me to have 2 chips or pitches on a hole. We worked on this for a couple hours, working through all the different shots and trajectories and how to hit them. After that we did an aimpoint lesson, something I've been wanting to do for a long time. The way he explained it makes it seem really simple, he also tweaked my putting setup a little to. I need to get to the putting green and practice reading greens and hitting my lines but I've played since working on this with brian and my putting for the most part is improved, especially from 6- 12 feet. After that we went back to the range to work on my driver some, it didnt take long after hitting a few shots for him to figure out what was wrong, a lot of it was the same things wrong with my full swing, but he made some adjustments. Since then after going to the range to practice what he showed me, I have actually hit some draws with my driver which was a rarity before and a lot of drives straight down the middle.

So if you are in the atlanta area and loooking for a good instructor lookup brian.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I decided to use my swing thread to track my progress in getting more distance off the tee. My evolvr coach currently has me working on my sequencing but along with that I have decided to start working on my swing speed using the super speed golf training clubs, and the LSW medicine ball drill. So every monday I am going to record my swing speed average with my driver a total of 5 swings. this last week was 89 before I started the exercises. My goal is to get my swing speed up to 105+.

Edited by Slowcelica

• 3 weeks later...

After doing the intro program and on my second week of the level 1 program my swing speed average today was 97.3.

Sadly I'm not seeing the increase yet on the course. I have some issues to fix in my swing still to straighten out my flight, but my goal is to get my average drive up to 270 next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

In week 4 of level 1, I missed 1 day this week so I'll probably not count this week as a week. I saw some improvements in my driving distance last round. With the exception of the drives I just didnt make good contact with or they hit a tree. My distance was up from 211 average up to 245. 

My swing speed average today with driver was up to 103 mph. which is alot of progress, when I started I was right around 89mph.

• 6 years later...

It’s been a long time but here is my current swing. I’m working on getting rid of my chicken wing atm. Any tips on what causes it?

ITd8ht6.jpg?fbplay

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

It's pretty good. You'll get more feedback if you embed them here (YouTube or Vimeo work).

Why are you trying to work on your chicken wing? I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm asking why that is what you're working on.

What shots are you hitting? The good and the bad?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's pretty good. You'll get more feedback if you embed them here (YouTube or Vimeo work).

Why are you trying to work on your chicken wing? I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm asking why that is what you're working on.

What shots are you hitting? The good and the bad?

My main miss right now are thins/fats.  Ball flight is pretty straight, maybe a small draw, or push.

I would say you are over rotating the lower body on your back swing. You have good movement, but need more rotation on downswing. When backswing over rotates, it’s hard to get enough the other way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I should add the other thing I’m working on, which maybe more important is keeping my head more centered, it’s going back and down in the backswing. I think my lower body is a little sloppy in the backswing.