IGNORED

PGA Championship 2014: Players upset with decision to play the ball down at rain-soaked Valhalla

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should players have been able to Lift, Clean, and Place in the final round of the PGA Championship?

• No
    • Yes

I voted yes, mainly due to the randomness of 'mud balls.' Doesn't seem fair to stripe one down the middle only to find a chunk of mud on it while your playing partner's ball could be sitting a foot away with no mud.

...and cuz I'm from South Florida. :-D

In general, I prefer when the players have to play the ball down. However, yesterday came very close to a situation where lift, clean, and place was appropriate. The problem is that deciding what casual water is going to be subjective no matter what. Correct me if I'm wrong, but each group had a rules official with them. So it's very likely that the rules officials differed on what they thought was casual water. That's where I see the problem - it's not going to be consistent from group to group. It makes sense to me that when there is so much water on the course to the point where Rickie seemed to have his ball in his hand on almost every hole, you play LCP to avoid that inconsistency. I couldn't care less about mudballs - rub of the green in my book. The problem is that the rules will be interpreted differently for each group.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!