IGNORED

Mizuno JPX EZ 2015/2016?

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey, So I have beein playing just over a year now, and would like to change over to Mizuno irons, I realy like the look of the JPX 850 forged irons but I am sceptical if my skill are good enough for these particular irons, an alternative would be the JPX EZ forged irons. Before I buy the current JPX EZ forged I would like to know if anyone knows if Mizuno is likely to bring out a new version/model of the JPX EZ the end of this year? Thanx

I'm not sure what their plans are. Don't sell yourself short on the JPX-850, I hear nothing but good things (and have demo'd them myself). If you like the look, and feel comfortable with them, good chance you'll wind up being just as successful with them as you would any other iron. I was a higher-mid HCP golfer when I picked up the MP-52, and some people tried to talk me out of it. Glad I didn't listen, made the right choice! Good luck !

I am an 18 HCP and I just switched this year from playing Ping G25's to the Mizuno JPX 850 forged. Although they are not as forgiving as the G25's, they still have enough forgiveness for me that I feel very comfortable hitting them. They are great looking clubs and the feel of hitting a forged iron on the sweet spot is unbelievable.....best golf decision I've ever made. If I were you I would at least try them before making a decision to buy the JPX EZ.

I play Mizuno JPX EZ Forged and I love them...Some of my buddies tell me to get MPs (I have some in my bag anyway) but then the forgiveness of the 4 iron reminds me why I'm playing EZs at the moment.

• 2 months later...

I have tested 850 Forged irons and in my opinion they are very large size and easy clubs to hit and I think it´s not a risk to buy those for your handicap. The fact that they are forged doesn´t really make them any harder to hit, but you get very soft feeling. They don´t give as much feedback as smaller clubs, but they give it enough and anyway you can´t get both, exact feedback and large forgiving area in the same club because if you get exact feedback for example from toe - hit the club is not very forgiving :) .  I bought 6 and 5 iron as MP H5 because they are smaller and yet they are much easier to hit than my forged cavity back irons ( Callaway x forged 2013) which I use from PW - 7.

You know, there's an intermediate step between the EZ and 850 forged right.... It's the JPX 850. They are the ones I just got. They fall right in the middle for handicap recommendations.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It might be a big step to go with the forged ones. But i suggest that you just go out and try them. maybe even more important try to find the right shaft.

I play the MP 59's never ever had thought i should play the KBS Tour stiff shafts but so glad i have them.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

• 3 weeks later...
A little late on this thread I know, but I started as about a 16 or 17 hitting rocketbladez back in 2013-2014. I got fit for jpx-850 forged and could not be happier with the choice. I shot 81 last week, did not give up any distance moving away from so called distance irons. The feeling you get from a well struck forged club, even a cavity back, is amazing. When i was really locked in on a simulator, i could really work the ball too. I tend to miss by hitting thin, and the forgiveness is still there in these clubs. The ball will come out lower, but doesn't lose any speed from thin contact. My game has improved tons since I made the switch. Of course, now there is a newer set coming soon....hmmm....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got fitted for and bought a set of the 2016 JPX EZ Forged today.  Shipping out next week.

Very solid and forgiving.  Miss-hits still looked to be correcting.  Can't wait for my first round!

I am 12 handicapper and playing the 850 with the Orichi Stiff shafts and can not be happier as it is very forgiving while still gives me the room to shape my shots! Will try the 2016 EX Forged and compared them to my current set!

The 2016 JPZ EZ Forged are long, I averaged about 15 yards longer with the EZ Forged compared to my 850 Forged.  I tested them side by side with the 6i from my 850 forged set using the same shaft (XP 105) in the EZ Forged.  The lofts on the EZ Forged and 850 Forged are the same, so either they have the weight in a better location or the face is much hotter.

Joe Paradiso

The 2016 JPZ EZ Forged are long, I averaged about 15 yards longer with the EZ Forged compared to my 850 Forged.  I tested them side by side with the 6i from my 850 forged set using the same shaft (XP 105) in the EZ Forged.  The lofts on the EZ Forged and 850 Forged are the same, so either they have the weight in a better location or the face is much hotter.

Are you consistently hitting the middle of club face when playing JPX850 forged? The average distance for those two clubs should not be that much if you do. I personally prefer the thinner top line of the JPX850 forged compared to the new JPX EZ. To each of his own :)

Are you consistently hitting the middle of club face when playing JPX850 forged? The average distance for those two clubs should not be that much if you do. I personally prefer the thinner top line of the JPX850 forged compared to the new JPX EZ. To each of his own :)

I hit 15 shots with each 6i on the launch monitor, nothing was changed on the launch monitor throughout the entire test.  I hit my irons pretty consistently so I'm confident the averages are representative.  My JPX 850's averaged 160, the JPX EZ 175.  The trajectories of the JPX 850 were slightly higher.   The MP-25 6i was also longer than the 850 Forged and their lofts are 2* weaker.

There is something definitely hotter about the faces on these new irons.

Joe Paradiso

I bought a set of used JPX-825's last year. I love them but not a fan of the heavier shafts coming from R11's with KBS 90 shafts. I can't wait try out the new JPX-EZ forged irons. I was about to go out and buy a set of Recoil 95 shafts for them until I heard rumors of new EZ's coming out.

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!