IGNORED

So I bought some m flex irons

trey3d
Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess I can start this off with how I play. Im 30yrs young swing my driver 93mph. Just switched to a regular shaft driver and my ball flight is higher (low flight before with stiff) seems alot more controllable. Average 245-260. I was playing stiff nike forged pro tours. Swapped for tight lies in uniflex (better ball flight and alot less dispersion) came across some rbz irons, but m flex(65g graphite). Everyone tells me I swing to fast for the flex. 145-150 with 8 iron with any of the three but my ball flight is alot higher with the m flex and straighter. With the m flexes the ball stops next to the ball mark or behind it. So to the questions. Why is this? Is it correcting for a swing fault? Am I smoother on transition than I think I am? Should I re-shaft? I reshaft myself and was looking at pulls. Also my driver miss is a duck hook. Miss with irons is a pull. Havent pulled one iron in the m flex. Thanks Steve

M Flex, is Taylormade's Senior Flex... So you're going to hit higher, and probably straighter.

I play stiff in my irons though mine are steel:beer: but if it works don't fix it...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really feel like a nice light high trajectory shaft in regular flex would fit me a little better. I have some ns pros in 900 and 1030 regular and stiff flex here in some 6irons. 7 total.  They feel really nice. What to do?!?  Low shots under the trees with the ball towards my back foot is impossible with the club's. My forged Nike's with stiff shafts not a problem, incredible shots with those and with working the ball. Maybe I'll keep the 8-p forged Nike's 5-7 rbzs. 4h tour exotics. 3w xtd ti adams x2hot Dr. 

If I knew how to use the shafts I have available 2 950 regular flex 2 950 stiff 2 1050 stiff and one regular 1050 if I could mix those within the set would be great. I was thinking 1050 stiff for my pitching and gap. 8 and 9 with 950 stiff 6 and 7 950 regular and my 5 with a nv-hl 70g regular flex

One big factor in finding best shaft flex is your transition. If you have a quick transition at top, you likely will need a stiffer shaft than one with a medium or smooth transition.

If you have a smooth swing with decent clubhead speed, M may be right for you. Remember, fittings get you close to where you want to be. Final decisions depend on personal taste.

Transition is one of the factors which the Mizuno shaft optimizer measures in developing its list of possible shafts for fittings.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!