or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Lets get creative
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets get creative

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
Anyone here interested in making stuff?

As a kid all my elective classes in school were art. Also used to spraypaint for a while. Over the years I've kept my hands covered in paint doing stencil art. Here's a couple of my latest. The Gator one I just finished today.
LL
LL
post #2 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Make a golf mural. Have Tiger, Jack, Arnie, Ben, and others all walking a fairway together in their primes.
post #3 of 33
Thread Starter 

Re: Lets get creative

I could probably pull off something like that. I actually made a Ben Hogan piece for a friend a few years back.

Anyone have any requests. I work cheap.
post #4 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Wow, those are really cool. haha.

I do computer graphics in Adobe Photoshop..i guess thats a form of art.
post #5 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by CG031 View Post
Wow, those are really cool. haha.

I do computer graphics in Adobe Photoshop..i guess thats a form of art.
Yeah, me too. I havent had time to sit down and work lately though. I have the whole CS4 master collection. Pure Awesome.
post #6 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Love the Hawaii thing!

I'm envious. My artistic talent is zero.
post #7 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Anyone here interested in making stuff?
I like to make music........and dabble in photography.....alwyas try and do a creative X-mas card to send out, here's one from a couple years back:

post #8 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

I dabble a bit in woodworking. Mostly smaller, decorative items. Humidors, jewelry boxes, and such things......

This jewelry box is made of figured Rambutan, a Malaysian fruitwood similar to cherry, and Honduran Rosewood. Simply finished with oil and hand polished through 15 progressively finer grits. No lacquer or varnish, but you can see the reflection of the recipient's shirt in the box lid.


post #9 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
t you can see the reflection of the recipient's shirt in the box lid.
I was going to ask how you did the glass top! Wow!
post #10 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Im a graphic designer. You might have seen a ralph lauren ad ive done in magazines. You know, the one with the scrubby beard guy on the boat with "ralph lauren" type over it...

wait a minute...
post #11 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by ChiChiIsMe View Post
I like to make music........and dabble in photography.....alwyas try and do a creative X-mas card to send out, here's one from a couple years back:
That is really, really cool! Is that all photoshopped, or did you take a picture of a picture of a picture?

And like I hear all the time, thank God she looks like her Mother!
post #12 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by DavidFehertysBike View Post
Im a graphic designer. You might have seen a ralph lauren ad ive done in magazines. You know, the one with the scrubby beard guy on the boat with "ralph lauren" type over it...

wait a minute...
Don't think I have. Link?
post #13 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by Mr3Putt View Post
That is really, really cool! Is that all photoshopped, or did you take a picture of a picture of a picture?

And like I hear all the time, thank God she looks like her Mother!
Thanks. Studio and Photoshop. We're each holding a plain-white poster board, and then I photoshopped the next photo onto the poster board.
post #14 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by ChiChiIsMe View Post
Don't think I have. Link?
This inst the one i did, but its similar



marvel at my skill at putting type over pictures!
post #15 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

I think we have the same couch.

I like making stuff with my hands, but havent for quite some time, between work women/kid, and golf I havent done much. I've been thinking about getting the welder out and whipping somthing up. but Idk id rather go golfing.
post #16 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
I dabble a bit in woodworking. Mostly smaller, decorative items. Humidors, jewelry boxes, and such things......

This jewelry box is made of figured Rambutan, a Malaysian fruitwood similar to cherry, and Honduran Rosewood. Simply finished with oil and hand polished through 15 progressively finer grits. No lacquer or varnish, but you can see the reflection of the recipient's shirt in the box lid.


Make some Persimmon FWs and hybrids just for the heck of it.
post #17 of 33
Thread Starter 

Re: Lets get creative

My latest piece. Made it for a younger cousin who's birthday is coming up. She's a dancer, in a dance crew.

I also found the old post I made about my previous works...

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...hlight=stencil
LL
post #18 of 33

Re: Lets get creative

Originally Posted by Ben View Post
My latest piece. Made it for a younger cousin who's birthday is coming up. She's a dancer, in a dance crew.

I also found the old post I made about my previous works...

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...hlight=stencil
post pics of the cousin and the dance team and you could be on to something...just sayin.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Lets get creative