Re: Nike Dymo Str8 fit Driver
Oh yeah, and I love it
1) Yes, definitely long, even on off-center contact. I found it to be longer than my previous Sumo 5000.
2) See above. A good bit of forgiveness, I found it to be more forgiving than the R9, but a little less than the G10. Still, plenty of forgiveness.
3) The adjustability is very nice, and also makes changing shafts easy. I've been back and forth between square and 2° open all summer. My main goal in it wasn't to close the face (which increases the loft), instead it was to allow me to play it a little lower when I need to. Actually making the adjustments is super easy as well.
4) Owned it since either June or July, cant remember exactly when, but for quite a few months now. Put it through multiple rounds per week, and tons of time on the range. It's still in perfect shape, with a couple of exceptions (see below).
6) Other thoughts? The stock shaft (same as the aftermarket Blue model) is awesome, but it is a high launching shaft. I've been wanting to swap for the AXIVCore Tour Red, but I havent pulled the trigger yet. Still, the stock shaft in it is what turned me on to the AXIVCore line of shafts. It feels great, is solid at impact, and is very stable. Overall, I thought it was a better looking driver than the Sumo 5000 as well. The power bow is much more subdued. With all that said, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I ended up scratching the crown up a little because it was rubbing up against some alignment sticks in my bag and I didnt know it. Now that annoys me, and I've actually considered purchasing another one because the price on them now is pretty awesome. I've also considered maybe looking at the VR, but if it wasn't for those scratches, the thought of checking out a new driver wouldn't have crossed my mind. If you have any other questions, let me know, I'll be happy to answer them.