or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filming Your Swing  

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
An important article for anyone posting video of their swing: http://thesandtrap.com/playing_tips/filming_your_swing .

Please film your swing properly as it will help the most with the analysis. In particular, get the down-the-line view right - parallel to your target, hip-height, and along the toes.
post #2 of 8

Re: Filming Your Swing

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
An important article for anyone posting video of their swing: http://thesandtrap.com/playing_tips/filming_your_swing .

Please film your swing properly as it will help the most with the analysis. In particular, get the down-the-line view right - parallel to your target, hip-height, and along the toes.
Good to know - I thiought it was supposed to be behind the ball.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 

Re: Filming Your Swing

Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post
Good to know - I thiought it was supposed to be behind the ball.
No, parallax error makes things look goofy. For example, your shaft can be right down the target line but it'll appear that it's aimed well to the right. Same with your feet - even a parallel stance looks goofy and they'd have to be well open to look "square."
post #4 of 8

Re: Filming Your Swing

Very informative article. Casio Exilim EX-FS10 which also records 210 fps video at 480 x 360 runs around $100-$110 at Amazon.

I think it would be great if you would also write an article about how to do "basic" swing analysis--how to draw a plane line, common mistake in analyzing swing video, etc. I guess learning by example particularly from Swing Check is the best bet as of now. I'm sure there are some people (like me) who wouldn't dare posting their swings. So, I had better analysis it by myself
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 

Re: Filming Your Swing

Originally Posted by plop View Post
I think it would be great if you would also write an article about how to do "basic" swing analysis--how to draw a plane line, common mistake in analyzing swing video, etc.
The problem with that is that David Leadbetter's going to see things differently than Hank Haney, Butch Harmon, or me.
post #6 of 8

Re: Filming Your Swing

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
The problem with that is that David Leadbetter's going to see things differently than Hank Haney, Butch Harmon, or me.
Man, I trust you more than those three and I believe many people in this forum do as well. How about "Swing Analysis Iacas's Way"?
post #7 of 8

Re: Filming Your Swing

I got myself a Nikon D5000 last year ( for non-golf use...never thought of using it for golf back then ). Can I use this ? I hate to go out now and spend more money on a golf specific camera, if this one works too...

Cheers
Ray
post #8 of 8

Re: Filming Your Swing

I have a crappy (relatively speaking) Nikon Coolpix with below average video specs but even that has helped me tremendously. Since it's light and easy to setup, with slow play, there's enough time to setup even while you play a round. I've been using video for years and know a guy who thinks say videoing yourself is deterimental and posting it for others to see and analyze is in his words "madness". I caught him on video accidentally and saw he had a major flip/wrist breakdown on impact. I sent it to him and he's in total denial.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
This thread is locked