or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Bushnell or Golf Buddy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bushnell or Golf Buddy?

Poll Results: Bushnell or Golf Buddy?

 
  • 100% (3)
    Bushnell 1600
  • 0% (0)
    Golf Buddy World Platinum
3 Total Votes  
post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Hey everyone, I need some serious help on this.

 

The season's approaching and I can't decide between the Bushnell 1600 Tournament Edition Rangefinder or the Golf Buddy World Platinum GPS?

 

Both don't have ongoing fees so that is no worry.  Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated! 

 

Cheers

Matt

post #2 of 17

I love my Golf Buddy. I have the World (just came out) and my dad has the World Platinum. They are both great. The touch screen is nice and it is very accurate. If you don't care about keeping score on it, i would suggest the world. It is the exact same as the world platinum, minus the score keeping. It is $100 less too. Every course i play on is already on it too. 

Good Luck

post #3 of 17

I had the pro 1600 TE . And I"m getting the Hybrid right now.

 

The nice thing about range finder is that it's much more manual than the GPS. And that's what I like about it.

So figure out if your dad is the simple , easy type or he likes to be rather precise / be manual.

 

Either way, I think both are great.

post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 

Are the Bushnell's hard to operate? 

 

Does the horizontal grip affect the use?

post #5 of 17

Not at all, they are baby-easy.

 

Horizontal you prolly need 2 hands to hold it steady, since it is a bigger range finder than the average.

 

My hybrid is 1/3 smaller and it's vertical.

post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
What about the 1600 did you like so much if it was a larger model, and required both hands to usse properly?
post #7 of 17

If you do go with Bushnell, why 1600 over the Tour V2? Just curious.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer10 View Post

Hey everyone, I need some serious help on this.

 

The season's approaching and I can't decide between the Bushnell 1600 Tournament Edition Rangefinder or the Golf Buddy World Platinum GPS?

 

Both don't have ongoing fees so that is no worry.  Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated! 

 

Cheers

Matt



 

 

post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
No real reason. Hadn't considered the V2 to be honest.

What's your opinion on both of the models? (V2 and 1600)
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer10 View Post

No real reason. Hadn't considered the V2 to be honest.

What's your opinion on both of the models? (V2 and 1600)



The 1600 is heavier but it has more magnification (7x v. 5x) and longer range (1600m v. 1000m), but unless you're playing a 11 000 yard course . . .

 

post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 

So if your going to be using the rangefinder for shots <350, would you notice a difference visually? *while looking through the eyepiece*

post #11 of 17

Well, I bought my 1600 since it was the best of the best at the time.

But its bulkiness was a little inconvenience.

 

I have yet to receive my Hybrid, but when I held it at the store, it's a 1 hand thing.

 

7x vs 5x , I don't think it's a big deal.

 

The GPS is much less hand work though. just punch a button and that's about it...

post #12 of 17

I choose a laser rangefinder over a gps for several reasons.  Versatility, no yearly fees, no loading courses, no hassles with coverage, no yardage creeping, just point and shoot.  I choose the Bushnell Tour V2 over the 1600 because it is smaller and lighter.  Easier to carry, easier to put away in the bag, easy to again "point and shoot".  And I think it is less prone to shaking hands problems due to its lesser magnification than the 1600.  In hindsight, I couldn't be happier with the choice I made !

 

post #13 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgolf View Post

I choose a laser rangefinder over a gps for several reasons.  Versatility, no yearly fees, no loading courses, no hassles with coverage, no yardage creeping, just point and shoot.  I choose the Bushnell Tour V2 over the 1600 because it is smaller and lighter.  Easier to carry, easier to put away in the bag, easy to again "point and shoot".  And I think it is less prone to shaking hands problems due to its lesser magnification than the 1600.  In hindsight, I couldn't be happier with the choice I made !

 


Agreed, I have been contemplating between a rangefinder and GPS for a while now and I think the polls are fairly skewed that the rangefiner is better just due to the hassle free options. No fees, and extremely easy to use. 

post #14 of 17

I don't have either one yet, but when I get one I think I am leaning towards the GPS, basically because I think it is a better tool for checking the distance of shots I've hit so I an get an accurate profile of my range of distances with each club. 

post #15 of 17

tested my Hybrid. It's an awesome range finder - gps . Very very very nice.

post #16 of 17

Thought I would comment on this thread, though not sure if I'll be any help. I had been using a golf app on my android phone, but hated the battery life. I couldn't get through a round without battery issues. This season I decided to purchase a Golf GPS, but didn't want to spend a ton. I opted for the Bushnell Neo+. It is pretty much as simple as you can get. Its small. No fees. It has course auto discover as well as auto hole advance. In addition you can add for individual points per hole (sand, water, etc..). the battery lasts 14 to 16 hours which is plenty for a few rounds of golf. I got it for ~$120 a few weeks back, though it is going for $134 now.

 

Now I just need the weather to warm up so I can try it out. 

post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer10 View Post

Hey everyone, I need some serious help on this.

 

The season's approaching and I can't decide between the Bushnell 1600 Tournament Edition Rangefinder or the Golf Buddy World Platinum GPS?

 

Both don't have ongoing fees so that is no worry.  Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated! 

 

Cheers

Matt

 

I voted neither, but I'm quite happy with my Garmin Approach G5 (which also does not have any fees associated with it).  I've owned a couple of lasers and a couple of GPS, and the Garmin is tops over all of them. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Bushnell or Golf Buddy?