or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › Organized Practice Sessions

Organized Practice Sessions

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hi guys, I use Rancho's practice area all the time and do a lot of formalized practice.  If you ever want to join me, feel free to post or send me a message.  I'd be happy to film your swing, or comment on anything that I see.

 

I'm actually going over to practice tonight.

 

Best,

Shawn

post #2 of 15

I am there all the time.  I live right around the corner.  Let me know when you go.  I usually prop my camera up on my bag to film ahah.  I would be happy to film ya as well.

 

Im picking up my new driver tomorrow and going to hit it this weekend.  Usually i go on week days after work (around 6pm) and weekends durring the day.

 

Let me know when you are going.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Avant, I sent you a PM.

post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant View Post

I am there all the time.  I live right around the corner.  Let me know when you go.  I usually prop my camera up on my bag to film ahah.  I would be happy to film ya as well.

 

Im picking up my new driver tomorrow and going to hit it this weekend.  Usually i go on week days after work (around 6pm) and weekends durring the day.

 

Let me know when you are going.

That's hilarious ... you guys have probably crossed paths several times without even knowing it.  Heck, you might even be an "extra" in one of Beach's myswing videos.

 

I always figure that everytime I'm at a busy range, that one of those people must have heard of TST, and maybe is even a member.  Then again, maybe not.  I'm always wondering when somebody will see my "Sandtrap" alignment sticks, or my ball mark, and recognize them.

post #5 of 15

I was going to go tonight with the driver I was supposed to buy.  I went to purchase the 913 and brought my current driver (burner 2.0 cut to 44" with Motore F1 Shaft) and compared the numbers on the monitor to the 913.  The 913 didn't really come close to my current driver.  I had a much better ball flight, lower spin, longer carry and longer average distance with my driver.  And im able to shape the ball a lot better.  I was kind of bummed cause i wanted to get titleist driver to match my new titleist irons.  :(

 

I am going to go to the range tomorrow at like 6pm if anyone is there.  Also playing at 6am and 1137am on sunday at RJS

post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant View Post

I was going to go tonight with the driver I was supposed to buy.  I went to purchase the 913 and brought my current driver (burner 2.0 cut to 44" with Motore F1 Shaft) and compared the numbers on the monitor to the 913.  The 913 didn't really come close to my current driver.  I had a much better ball flight, lower spin, longer carry and longer average distance with my driver.  And im able to shape the ball a lot better.  I was kind of bummed cause i wanted to get titleist driver to match my new titleist irons.  :(

 

I am going to go to the range tomorrow at like 6pm if anyone is there.  Also playing at 6am and 1137am on sunday at RJS

Avant, I'll meet you at the range tonight at 6.  I'll send you a text to confirm.

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Avant, I'll meet you at the range tonight at 6.  I'll send you a text to confirm.

Don't forget your beanies and perhaps two gloves ... it's effing cold (for so cal at least a2_wink.gif) out there right now.

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Don't forget your beanies and perhaps two gloves ... it's effing cold (for so cal at least a2_wink.gif) out there right now.

yeah!  i miss the warmer weather already.  I hate having to wear long sleeves when i play!

post #9 of 15

Looks like you're gonna have to use a different range for a bit Beach....

 

 

Quote:

Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course is very excited to announce a complete renovation to our driving range! Starting Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 the entire Learning Center will be closed for approximately 4 weeks.

Changes will include a complete overhaul of the landing area, two additional target greens, grass turf, and many other amenities upgrades.

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post

Looks like you're gonna have to use a different range for a bit Beach....

Shoot ... I'm gonna have to make my way up there to see what it looks like when they're done.

 

And hopefully, Lake Forest's driving range is next up on American's list of renovations.  That place needs it almost just as badly!

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post

Looks like you're gonna have to use a different range for a bit Beach....

 

 

Yeah, they changed the date to the 19th.  Originally they had a sign posted that they were going to close the range on 2/4... And I went over on 2/5 just to see what they were doing and it was open.  But the sign hadn't changed... So I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  Then I went back tonight and sure enough, they updated the sign and it now reads 2/19.

 

I just hope they don't raise the prices! LOL

 

Oh, and it was cold as hell tonight.  The first 10+ balls felt like rocks. 

post #12 of 15
I'm curious how you can film at Rancho Park. I just got a camera capable of recording faster than 30 fps, and I don't think I can get the facing view done at that practice facility.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

I'm curious how you can film at Rancho Park. I just got a camera capable of recording faster than 30 fps, and I don't think I can get the facing view done at that practice facility.

lol ... Beach never specified but he's talking about Rancho San Joaquin in Irvine.  I'm not sure how he gets FO there either, as you need a few open stalls in front of you to do it, and that place is usually packed. :)

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
I use the Go Pro Hero 3, mounted onto a tripod. The field of view is wide, so you can set it in the stall next to you. When mounted at chest height, it doesn't pick up the shank guard.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

lol ... Beach never specified but he's talking about Rancho San Joaquin in Irvine.  I'm not sure how he gets FO there either, as you need a few open stalls in front of you to do it, and that place is usually packed. :)

That makes much more sense. I'm sure at non-peak hours it's very possible to film there.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › Organized Practice Sessions