or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

cavity back irons

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

HI GUYS I PLAY WITH CAVITY BACKS .WHEN I GET IN SEMI ROUGH ON MY BACK SWING THE GRASS SNAGS UP IN THE CAVITY BACK .THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR MY GOLF SWING.THIS IS WHY I FANCY BLADES.DOES THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.IT CANT BE JUST ME THANK YOU.

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamess View Post

HI GUYS I PLAY WITH CAVITY BACKS .WHEN I GET IN SEMI ROUGH ON MY BACK SWING THE GRASS SNAGS UP IN THE CAVITY BACK .THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR MY GOLF SWING.THIS IS WHY I FANCY BLADES.DOES THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.IT CANT BE JUST ME THANK YOU.

No. It doesn't happen to me. Nor is it an issue that I've EVER heard mentioned before your post.
post #3 of 12

Rough could snag any club on the way back if you don't hover the clubhead a little bit.  Not just cavity backs.  And you don't have to shout.

post #4 of 12

Rough can snag any club.  You just need to learn how to hover.

post #5 of 12

I've played cavity backs for years. I've played in every condition, and have never had that problem. If the grass is that high, try a steeper backswing and descent into the ball.

post #6 of 12

Never had this issue, all my clubs have been cavity backs. 

post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

Rough could snag any club on the way back if you don't hover the clubhead a little bit.  Not just cavity backs.  And you don't have to shout.

Lol, was thinking the same thing f3_laugh.gif

post #8 of 12

this happens to me too when i try to hit driver off the deck from the first cut, annoying to say the least 

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziabrah View Post

this happens to me too when i try to hit driver off the deck from the first cut, annoying to say the least 

You have a cavity back driver?
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf View Post


You have a cavity back driver?

its not a cavity back but i had the head ported to achieve a higher smash factor , had it done on one of the trailers out at pga west,i absolutely love it!!!

post #11 of 12

so...uscfan = ziabrah?  something seems weird about this thread...idk...

post #12 of 12

anything to gain alittle edge on my playing partners

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips