or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (ygmondoux)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (ygmondoux)

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 8 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 5

My typical ball flight is: High 

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hook

 

Trying to perfect my swing again this year, overall even if there's no ball I feel it may be the best swing I've had so far. So I'll keep on working on it no reconstruction. 

 

I have to find a way to get my chin out of the way as my head moves a bit at the end of the backswing. 


Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hK58ZXTg5M&feature=youtu.be

post #2 of 8

The embedded video isn't available. If the video in the link is the same, next time make sure you're hitting a ball in it. Or at the very least on grass. Your swing looks good, nice tempo and on balance but again it's just a practice swing. Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, it's just that you'll get better (and more qualified) help with your swing if you are hitting balls.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 

Yeah you are right, I'll post a swing where I hit a ball as soon as the driving range open here in Montreal. But I don't think it will change much, we will see. 

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygmondoux View Post

Yeah you are right, I'll post a swing where I hit a ball as soon as the driving range open here in Montreal. But I don't think it will change much, we will see. 

YG,

 

My head moves a little to the right as I bring the club back.  It used to be a lot...but less now.  A tip I got from Golf Digest helped me.  They said "keep your head up...and use your eyes to look down."  Keeping my head higher helped create clearance.

 

Just a thought,

 

Michael 

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygolfer4life View Post

YG,

My head moves a little to the right as I bring the club back.  It used to be a lot...but less now.  A tip I got from Golf Digest helped me.  They said "keep your head up...and use your eyes to look down."  Keeping my head higher helped create clearance.

Just a thought,

Michael 

I wouldn't put your head up like that. Part of good posture is keeping your eyes straight at the ball.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture


Also, it looks like your leg action is a little off. Your right leg comes up too soon, IMO. In my swing, I let the club pull my leg up as it comes through. I used to pull my trailing leg up trying to go into impact, which leads to inconsistency. It should feel like your weight rolls your feet over towards the target.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 

I agree on the head I've tried everything and for me it's better when I just look straight down at the ball. 

 

I've tried very hard to let my right foot on the ground in the past I feel like it throws my timing off and I can't produce my usual clubhead speed, do you know a great drill to work on this?

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygmondoux View Post

I agree on the head I've tried everything and for me it's better when I just look straight down at the ball. 

 

I've tried very hard to let my right foot on the ground in the past I feel like it throws my timing off and I can't produce my usual clubhead speed, do you know a great drill to work on this?

I kick my right knee inward a bit at address and press down on the ground with my right instep. I focus on keeping that pressure throughout my swing and all the way through impact. The key is to keep the weight inside, it's easy to keep the weight just on your right side which leads to all kinds of problems. Keep in mind that this is me giving an 5 hc advice, so take it with a grain of salt. Hope it helps

post #8 of 8

Please post a swing hitting a golf ball. Practice swings aren't terribly useful.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (ygmondoux)