or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NCAA College Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 NCAA College Football

post #1 of 692
Thread Starter 
I'm so excited to get this started. I look forward to football every year and now that the spring games have finished, it time for the teams to just grind out practices and prepare for the season ahead. So for this upcoming year, I want to know... 1. Who's your team? Alabama class of 2008 so RTR 2. Who do yout think will play for the National Championship? I'm usually unwilling to take an underdog on this, but I'll go Bama vs the Ducks 3. And the Heisman goes to? Not Menziel. He's no longer under the radar, and while yes I am a 'homer', I think this will go to A.J. McCarron.
post #2 of 692
Thread Starter 
And I apologize for the formatting. I don't understand why paragraphy breaks don't show up once the post is posted?
post #3 of 692

As a USC fan, I'm not really expecting too much from this year, but going into the season unranked is probably better since we did very well during the 2-year bowl bans and poorly with higher expectations. The Pac-12 looks really wide open, but I would say it's going to be (and I hate to say it) UCLA vs. Stanford in the title game with Stanford coming out on top and winning the Rose Bowl. Oregon still has a good team, but their biggest X factor is their new coach and I don't think he'll adapt fully to the fast team that Chip Kelly built. 

 

I'm not big on the SEC, but it's hard to imagine Bama not getting into the title game again and as long as AJ McCarron performs well, I also have him winning the Heisman. 

 

In the title game, I see Ohio State vs. Alabama. Maybe the Buckeyes will finally win one on the big stage with Urban Meyer leading the team. It'd be interesting to see how things played out last season if Ohio State didn't have that 1-year bowl ban. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tide View Post

I'm so excited to get this started. I look forward to football every year and now that the spring games have finished, it time for the teams to just grind out practices and prepare for the season ahead. So for this upcoming year, I want to know... 1. Who's your team? Alabama class of 2008 so RTR 2. Who do yout think will play for the National Championship? I'm usually unwilling to take an underdog on this, but I'll go Bama vs the Ducks 3. And the Heisman goes to? Not Menziel. He's no longer under the radar, and while yes I am a 'homer', I think this will go to A.J. McCarron.
post #4 of 692

Well for Division 1-AA I'll be cheering on the the Sycamores.  But when it comes to the real deal I like Ohio State.

post #5 of 692

Ohio State will be there.  12-0 last year and with only two semi-tough games, Northwestern and ttun.  The entire offense is back and they have some studs on D.

post #6 of 692
Thread Starter 
Alabama really lucks out this year on paper as we don't have two difficult games back to back all year long. Last year we had an undefeated Miss St, then away to LSU, and home to A&M (only loss), and my philosophy is that it's almost impossible to get emotionally ready for 3 big opponents in consecutive weeks. On the Ohio State topic, some of my family are from Columbus and are huge Buckeyes. I just can't see them winning everygame. I think they are still 'young' and will likely fall to an opponent they had penciled in as a win.
post #7 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by tide View Post

I'm so excited to get this started. I look forward to football every year and now that the spring games have finished, it time for the teams to just grind out practices and prepare for the season ahead. So for this upcoming year, I want to know... 1. Who's your team? Alabama class of 2008 so RTR 2. Who do yout think will play for the National Championship? I'm usually unwilling to take an underdog on this, but I'll go Bama vs the Ducks 3. And the Heisman goes to? Not Menziel. He's no longer under the radar, and while yes I am a 'homer', I think this will go to A.J. McCarron.

 

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

 

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

 

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.

post #8 of 692
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

 

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

 

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.

 

Jealousy is an ugly trait :) Nice shout out to Mariota. I wouldn't be surprised by that. I only think McCarron because voters will give him more credit if he's able to get Bama to their 3rd National Championship in a row. Talent wise, he's not Heismen material, although I'd rather have him than any other QB. I still think OSU will lose one this year, and I don't see Bama losing 2. The only game that really could shake it up is LSU, especially since the away team wins that game almost every year and this year it's in Tuscaloosa. But I don't think A&M will be as lucky, and I'm not sure who else could knock us off.
post #9 of 692
Thread Starter 
And sorry for the lack of paragraph breaks, for some reason my brower at work isn't letting me do them. I have a question for you geaux, Les Miles, you still want him or what? For being a winning coach, I hear fans of the Tigers praise and other hate him, both very passionately. What side are you on?
post #10 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBP View Post

And sorry for the lack of paragraph breaks, for some reason my brower at work isn't letting me do them. I have a question for you geaux, Les Miles, you still want him or what? For being a winning coach, I hear fans of the Tigers praise and other hate him, both very passionately. What side are you on?

 

80% win percentage in the hardest division in college football (for reference, Alabama's win percentage over the same time period is 74%, 83% under Saban)

5-3 in bowl games 

2-1 in BCS games 

2 SEC championships 

1 national championship 

 

Anyone who hates him or thinks he's below the upper echelon of college coaches is simply ignorant. 

post #11 of 692
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

80% win percentage in the hardest division in college football (for reference, Alabama's win percentage over the same time period is 74%, 83% under Saban)

5-3 in bowl games 

2-1 in BCS games 

2 SEC championships 

1 national championship 

 

Anyone who hates him or thinks he's below the upper echelon of college coaches is simply ignorant. 

I would agree with you, but a few years ago when Miles was being interviewed by Michigan, I know a lot of LSU fans hoping he'd leave. The man wins, no doubt, but I think some people think his antics are a little too much at times. He isn't called the 'Mad Hatter' though because he's calm, cool, and collected. 

post #12 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBP View Post

 

Jealousy is an ugly trait :)Nice shout out to Mariota. I wouldn't be surprised by that. I only think McCarron because voters will give him more credit if he's able to get Bama to their 3rd National Championship in a row. Talent wise, he's not Heismen material, although I'd rather have him than any other QB. I still think OSU will lose one this year, and I don't see Bama losing 2. The only game that really could shake it up is LSU, especially since the away team wins that game almost every year and this year it's in Tuscaloosa. But I don't think A&M will be as lucky, and I'm not sure who else could knock us off.

I agree, if he does this he will be one of the top 2-3 candidates.  It would be like when Eric Crouch from Nebraska won it.  He won it based on all of his years of work and not necessarily what he did in his Senior year.  A&M won't be there at the end this year.  This time around they won't sneak up or surprise anyone, especially since you have the Heisman winner as QB.  The defensive players each week will be licking their chops to get a piece of Johnny Football.

post #13 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBP View Post

I would agree with you, but a few years ago when Miles was being interviewed by Michigan, I know a lot of LSU fans hoping he'd leave. The man wins, no doubt, but I think some people think his antics are a little too much at times. He isn't called the 'Mad Hatter' though because he's calm, cool, and collected. 


LSU fans have been jaded for about 10 yrs now.  Les is a very good coach IMO.  When I was in HS in Louisiana (late 90's), they were still struggling to get 8 win seasons.  I'm thinking for the national title......somebody not named LSU or A&M will beat Alabama.  For some strange reason, I see it being Ohio St/Oklahoma.

post #14 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

 

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

 

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.

 

 

The loss of Chip Kelly will cost Oregon at least a game.   Ohio State, Bama or AtM this year.

post #15 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

 

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

 

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.


I second the tOSU (Go Buckeyes!) championship this year. As far as the Heisman goes, I have no idea but I'm hoping Braxton Miller has a breakout year and takes it home, but I doubt it will happen.

post #16 of 692

Not gonna happen.  Even if the Suckeyes somehow luck into another perfect season, they would get thrashed by Alabama.  The notion that OSU could beat Alabama is laughable at best.

post #17 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post

Not gonna happen.  Even if the Suckeyes somehow luck into another perfect season, they would get thrashed by Alabama.  The notion that OSU could beat Alabama is laughable at best.

lol Well, we will simply have to wait and see what happens, now won't we? The notion that you are a real life Miss Cleo is laughable at best! Rolled Tide shirts would be a big seller in Columbus. a2_wink.gif

post #18 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

lol Well, we will simply have to wait and see what happens, now won't we? The notion that you are a real life Miss Cleo is laughable at best! Rolled Tide shirts would be a big seller in Columbus. a2_wink.gif

 

If Bama and tOSU played 10 times this year, I think Bama would win at least 7 of those times. tOSU just doesn't match up well against Bama. 

 

For the record, I only think tOSU makes it to the NC this year because the Big 10 (12) is a cakewalk.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NCAA College Football