Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LucasBP

2013 NCAA College Football

692 posts in this topic

I'm so excited to get this started. I look forward to football every year and now that the spring games have finished, it time for the teams to just grind out practices and prepare for the season ahead. So for this upcoming year, I want to know... 1. Who's your team? Alabama class of 2008 so RTR 2. Who do yout think will play for the National Championship? I'm usually unwilling to take an underdog on this, but I'll go Bama vs the Ducks 3. And the Heisman goes to? Not Menziel. He's no longer under the radar, and while yes I am a 'homer', I think this will go to A.J. McCarron.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

And I apologize for the formatting. I don't understand why paragraphy breaks don't show up once the post is posted?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a USC fan, I'm not really expecting too much from this year, but going into the season unranked is probably better since we did very well during the 2-year bowl bans and poorly with higher expectations. The Pac-12 looks really wide open, but I would say it's going to be (and I hate to say it) UCLA vs. Stanford in the title game with Stanford coming out on top and winning the Rose Bowl. Oregon still has a good team, but their biggest X factor is their new coach and I don't think he'll adapt fully to the fast team that Chip Kelly built.

I'm not big on the SEC, but it's hard to imagine Bama not getting into the title game again and as long as AJ McCarron performs well, I also have him winning the Heisman.

In the title game, I see Ohio State vs. Alabama. Maybe the Buckeyes will finally win one on the big stage with Urban Meyer leading the team. It'd be interesting to see how things played out last season if Ohio State didn't have that 1-year bowl ban.

Originally Posted by tide

I'm so excited to get this started. I look forward to football every year and now that the spring games have finished, it time for the teams to just grind out practices and prepare for the season ahead. So for this upcoming year, I want to know... 1. Who's your team? Alabama class of 2008 so RTR 2. Who do yout think will play for the National Championship? I'm usually unwilling to take an underdog on this, but I'll go Bama vs the Ducks 3. And the Heisman goes to? Not Menziel. He's no longer under the radar, and while yes I am a 'homer', I think this will go to A.J. McCarron.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for Division 1-AA I'll be cheering on the the Sycamores.  But when it comes to the real deal I like Ohio State.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio State will be there.  12-0 last year and with only two semi-tough games, Northwestern and ttun.  The entire offense is back and they have some studs on D.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alabama really lucks out this year on paper as we don't have two difficult games back to back all year long. Last year we had an undefeated Miss St, then away to LSU, and home to A&M; (only loss), and my philosophy is that it's almost impossible to get emotionally ready for 3 big opponents in consecutive weeks. On the Ohio State topic, some of my family are from Columbus and are huge Buckeyes. I just can't see them winning everygame. I think they are still 'young' and will likely fall to an opponent they had penciled in as a win.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by tide

I'm so excited to get this started. I look forward to football every year and now that the spring games have finished, it time for the teams to just grind out practices and prepare for the season ahead. So for this upcoming year, I want to know... 1. Who's your team? Alabama class of 2008 so RTR 2. Who do yout think will play for the National Championship? I'm usually unwilling to take an underdog on this, but I'll go Bama vs the Ducks 3. And the Heisman goes to? Not Menziel. He's no longer under the radar, and while yes I am a 'homer', I think this will go to A.J. McCarron.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jealousy is an ugly trait :) Nice shout out to Mariota. I wouldn't be surprised by that. I only think McCarron because voters will give him more credit if he's able to get Bama to their 3rd National Championship in a row. Talent wise, he's not Heismen material, although I'd rather have him than any other QB. I still think OSU will lose one this year, and I don't see Bama losing 2. The only game that really could shake it up is LSU, especially since the away team wins that game almost every year and this year it's in Tuscaloosa. But I don't think A&M; will be as lucky, and I'm not sure who else could knock us off.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And sorry for the lack of paragraph breaks, for some reason my brower at work isn't letting me do them. I have a question for you geaux, Les Miles, you still want him or what? For being a winning coach, I hear fans of the Tigers praise and other hate him, both very passionately. What side are you on?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by LucasBP

And sorry for the lack of paragraph breaks, for some reason my brower at work isn't letting me do them. I have a question for you geaux, Les Miles, you still want him or what? For being a winning coach, I hear fans of the Tigers praise and other hate him, both very passionately. What side are you on?

80% win percentage in the hardest division in college football (for reference, Alabama's win percentage over the same time period is 74%, 83% under Saban)

5-3 in bowl games

2-1 in BCS games

2 SEC championships

1 national championship

Anyone who hates him or thinks he's below the upper echelon of college coaches is simply ignorant.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

80% win percentage in the hardest division in college football (for reference, Alabama's win percentage over the same time period is 74%, 83% under Saban)

5-3 in bowl games

2-1 in BCS games

2 SEC championships

1 national championship

Anyone who hates him or thinks he's below the upper echelon of college coaches is simply ignorant.

I would agree with you, but a few years ago when Miles was being interviewed by Michigan, I know a lot of LSU fans hoping he'd leave. The man wins, no doubt, but I think some people think his antics are a little too much at times. He isn't called the 'Mad Hatter' though because he's calm, cool, and collected.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by LucasBP

Jealousy is an ugly trait :)Nice shout out to Mariota. I wouldn't be surprised by that. I only think McCarron because voters will give him more credit if he's able to get Bama to their 3rd National Championship in a row. Talent wise, he's not Heismen material, although I'd rather have him than any other QB. I still think OSU will lose one this year, and I don't see Bama losing 2. The only game that really could shake it up is LSU, especially since the away team wins that game almost every year and this year it's in Tuscaloosa. But I don't think A&M; will be as lucky, and I'm not sure who else could knock us off.

I agree, if he does this he will be one of the top 2-3 candidates.  It would be like when Eric Crouch from Nebraska won it.  He won it based on all of his years of work and not necessarily what he did in his Senior year.  A&M; won't be there at the end this year.  This time around they won't sneak up or surprise anyone, especially since you have the Heisman winner as QB.  The defensive players each week will be licking their chops to get a piece of Johnny Football.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by LucasBP

I would agree with you, but a few years ago when Miles was being interviewed by Michigan, I know a lot of LSU fans hoping he'd leave. The man wins, no doubt, but I think some people think his antics are a little too much at times. He isn't called the 'Mad Hatter' though because he's calm, cool, and collected.


LSU fans have been jaded for about 10 yrs now.  Les is a very good coach IMO.  When I was in HS in Louisiana (late 90's), they were still struggling to get 8 win seasons.  I'm thinking for the national title......somebody not named LSU or A&M; will beat Alabama.  For some strange reason, I see it being Ohio St/Oklahoma.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.

The loss of Chip Kelly will cost Oregon at least a game.   Ohio State, Bama or AtM this year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

National championship will be tOSU and Oregon. Everyone in the SEC will have at least 2 losses and the streak ends at 7.

Heisman goes to Marcus Mariota.


I second the tOSU (Go Buckeyes!) championship this year. As far as the Heisman goes, I have no idea but I'm hoping Braxton Miller has a breakout year and takes it home, but I doubt it will happen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna happen.  Even if the Suckeyes somehow luck into another perfect season, they would get thrashed by Alabama.  The notion that OSU could beat Alabama is laughable at best.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Not gonna happen.  Even if the Suckeyes somehow luck into another perfect season, they would get thrashed by Alabama.  The notion that OSU could beat Alabama is laughable at best.

lol Well, we will simply have to wait and see what happens, now won't we? The notion that you are a real life Miss Cleo is laughable at best! Rolled Tide shirts would be a big seller in Columbus.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol Well, we will simply have to wait and see what happens, now won't we? The notion that you are a real life Miss Cleo is laughable at best! Rolled Tide shirts would be a big seller in Columbus.

If Bama and tOSU played 10 times this year, I think Bama would win at least 7 of those times. tOSU just doesn't match up well against Bama.

For the record, I only think tOSU makes it to the NC this year because the Big 10 (12) is a cakewalk.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • That looks nifty, but… it's only really going to be an option for awhile in some high-end places, I'm wagering. If it's a full range, you can of course see your ball flight. So the tracer itself is probably not that important, right? The points and games are another thing, kinda TopGolf-like.
    • That looks awesome! I hope that sooner or later all driving ranges will have that technology built into them.  Was it more expensive than a regular bucket of balls?
    • I didn't take it that way. I know the HGG quote, and that it's a way of saying "goodbye." That's not exactly "cool" though either: Mike tells you he's mad at you, I demonstrate that your impact conditions and backswing are worse, and you say "okay, goodbye." But yeah, I took it this way: That fits quite well since you keep talking about how you have to know and understand the whole system just to implement a piece, and about how your brain works that way, and so on. How I took the fish quote is pretty clear from the response, is it not? All that said, I apologize. I took it the wrong way. I reacted more strongly than I would have had I taken it the HGG way, and I'm sorry for that. Disagreement isn't intolerable at all. But you're not really disagreeing with anything, either… you're choosing to ignore things, and you seem to think that you're not being helped. You're wasting our time. Disagreement? At least there's discourse there. Ignoring? That's just a (small) slap in the face… Mike and I - and others - have given you a boatload of free advice. I can't speak for others, but I don't expect you to pay for anything, ever. When all else fails, play the victim card again? Anyone who has met @mvmac will tell you he's not quick to anger. So if you pissed him off, well, then more than likely you did something, and are not just some passive victim. P.S. You're likely getting better because you're hitting balls. You're learning how to make the flaws in your swing at least time themselves up right. You're learning to time your flip just right so that you can pick the ball off the ground without fatting or thinning it. You're learning how to sway your hips and drop your head back/early extend on the downswing so you can hit out a little bit despite being super steep (and you need a really closed stance to help you with that). You're getting better at making a flawed swing because you're repeating it often. You're lowering the ceiling on how good you can get each time you visit the range and don't practice properly, or practice the proper things. Your swing may actually be worse now than a week or two ago. We tried to help you - free, and by giving you much of our most valuable asset (our time) - and you instead pissed off one of the calmest people around and ignored the advice of many others, including me, who knows what I'm talking about. Then you chose to play the victim after a vague reference to fish, and took the easy out of saying "oh, you just don't like people who disagree." No, I don't like people who waste my time, but the solution on my end is very easy: I simply choose to stop wasting my time on them. I don't care if you disagree. I prefer it, really, so long as you're a worthy adversary. You? You don't stack up. We can't talk about some intricate part of the golf swing. Nor should you at this point, or possibly ever, because you're a golfer, not a golf instructor. That's all fine. But I can choose to stop giving you free advice, and spending my time doing it.  So if your goal is to have me ignore you from here on out, you've succeeded! :-) I'll spend my time helping those who appreciate it.
    • Did anyone make it to this?  I had some things come up and couldn't make it. Also, we should get a spring round get together going...
    • You misunderstand. Yes, of course he is one of the ATGs on the current list. What I am saying is that can change, not that it will, but it can. Like I said it is an ever expanding/changing list.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. henry granic
      henry granic
      (61 years old)
    2. Jscrillah
      Jscrillah
      (45 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon