IGNORED

New Member, Hello All!

CBWedgeWorks
Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Like the title says...

Been browsing the forums for a long time, and finally broke down and registered. Long story short, I found some old Titleist irons on my local FB market, and would like to know if anyone has ever seen/played them, or has any info on them. 

Titleist B-33 irons, 2-pw. I believe they are circa 1986, but can't find much more on them. Would like to know what tip diameter they have...they currently have a True Temper Dynamic (s) shaft installed, which seems a bit on the heavy side. 

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated!

20190417_113625.thumb.jpg.db2a18ada1f67f407b05dbf060538782.jpg

20190417_110213.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  Since you been browsing for a while I guess you know what it can offer.  No idea what those clubs are.  I have a Dunlop set from 1986 and had older sets from the 1970's but we lost those while moving.  So I know that those clubs will be nice to play if you hit them well.  Don't look at re-shafting unless you need to

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome.  Those clubs are old enough that there is a good chance they have tapered bores.  I don't know, off the top of my head, when parallel bores were introduced.  Could be a bit of Googling will sort that out.  I'll let you know if I find anything useful.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Back again.  Could be either or as True Temper introduced the "Unitized" shaft in the early 70's.  The only way to know for certain is to pull a head (I'd recommend the longest iron) and measure the tip diameter.  Tapered iron shafts are .355 at the very end...parallel shafts are .370.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

(edited)

Thank for the feedback guys! Yeah, from what I could find out they were the 1986 model. Not much else out there. Foam filled with brass inserts. I will probably pull the 2 iron (that I will never even attempt to hit, lol). Taking them out for a spin in the AM. Regripped 4-pw with Pure DTX in green, in honor of the 5th green jacket! Got to go to my 1st PGA tournament ever last Sunday...what a day that was!

32049.jpeg

Edited by CBWEDGEWORKS
Misspelling

• iacas changed the title to New Member, Hello All!
Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!