IGNORED

When to Get New Irons?

Bjankovich

Here is my update after two weeks of actual tests in the simulator, with a club fitter, and on the field.

1. Using the new stiff HZRDS driver shaft (see above details) enabled me to hit draws more consistently and added some yardage (e.g. from 260 to 272) measured on over 100 shots. In my case, the draws helped my accuracy.

2.  The fitting expert recommended that I buy the Taylormade Stealth club head for my driver. I said no for now, because I am happy enough with the new results I’m getting with the new shaft.

3. My iron evaluation resulted in a strong recommendation to switch to a stiff shaft, because apparently my long iron accuracy is suffering from it. However, I am able to work around it by trying to shape my shots and will therefore keep the clubs until they’re used well enough and new clubs are due by force of nature.

In conclusion.
I only paid for the club fitting / evaluation and walked out as a happier and more confident golfer.
Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to be cheap - I base my decisions on data and a touch of feeling.

Thank you all for your insights!

Nave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/14/2022 at 6:08 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

@Nave I’m a little late to the party, but I’m guessing based on the aforementioned stats you listed above the shaft is the Black HZDRUS Smoke?  I’ve tried the Black and Blue, liked the Blue better.

The one I received is the Red model.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nave

Every time I want to get new clubs I just go for different shafts. Especially different weights. I own a set of Titleist 718 AP2. I have gone from factory white AMTs, to XP95, to Project X LZ 5.0, and now to NIppon 950GH. Every time I change shafts I feel its a totally different club.

In my opinion, it is shaft weight that makes the most difference, not shaft flex.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, arturo28mx said:

In my opinion, it is shaft weight that makes the most difference, not shaft flex.

Good to keep in mind. I guess I’ll find out at some point. Thank you.

Nave

When to get new irons?

When the faces on your current irons are so worn they aren't getting the job done anymore.  (Of course, you can also just have the current irons re-grooved, as well.)

When your swing either improves or degrades to the point you need a different shaft (though you can always re-shaft, if you like, too) or you would benefit going to a (more) player's iron or a (more) game improvement iron.

When the spirit moves you, just because you like new shiny :-)