IGNORED

LET Players with Buggy From Hole 9 to 10

MacDutch
Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I was at the LET (ladies european tour) at La Reserva Spain. The flight I was following took a buggy (players and caddies) after they finished hole 9 to the 10th tee.

Is the rule changed? I am under the impression this is a dq for the players involved. Maybe a local rule?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A lot of times, they will allow players to take a buggy, if there’s a significant walking distance from one tee to another.

As long as it’s allowed for all players it’s OK…

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• iacas changed the title to LET Players with Buggy From Hole 9 to 10
  • 2 weeks later...

If I am not mistaken, this would be a condition of competition issue, not a rules issue.  The Rules of Golf do not disallow carts (buggies), but certain tours/tournaments may.

As others have pointed out, that's not uncommon - for example; they do it at Kapalua for the TOC every year.  At least from the 5th green to the 6th tee is like 1/2 mile and it's down into a steep ravine and back out.

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!