IGNORED

Michelle Wie's Opening Round Score...

ScottySnapps
Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What will Michelle's opening round score be ?

• Under Par
    • Between 1 over and 5 over
    • between 6 over and 10 over
    • More than 10 over par

I'm surprised that she did well, even though I'm glad she did.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

I have faith in her abilities and am glad to see she performed well today. It's funny, I played 18 today and I set a goal for myself to beat her score for today. She won...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

called it. lol i think she'll do better this year.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I am happy for Wiesie, and if she makes the cut and does well on the third day I will be even happier. Any of the pros can have one good round. I am glad for Wie that she did though, because there is a lot of pressure on her shoulders for a college freshman.

So, Michelle did make some cuts last year... hmm? Did she finish the tourney? If so, what did she place...?

Burger King is the shit BTW.. you know im there almost every Whopper Wednesday. Good for her.. if she can make that kind of do on sponsors good for her. All these people have all this disdain for her and her dad and how they've gone about handling her career and i dont really understand it. She's good, and once she's fully focused on golf (not school), she's going to be REALLY good. She's already picked some distance up, she averaged 293 yards on thursday.. Paula Creamer averaged 249.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

imagine if she had healthy wrists, she would of shot a 59

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

imagine if she had healthy wrists, she would of shot a 59

that's funny!

In response to some people who don't understand people not liking her... I started out thinking wow... Wie is cool, but that has changed. Whether it is her fault or not I get tired of hearing so much about her when other "better" (at least record wise) players are nearly ignored. I don't really like her interview personality, she seems to whine a lot and say stupid giggly things, just rubs me wrong. I think I just got tired of hearing about her last year and lost some respect for her after her controversial WD. Also, I am all for college, but lets face it life experiance can teach you far more than a couple years in undergrad at Stanford... so why the hell is she going to college. She should just concentrate on golf. I'm sure many will take this statement the wrong way, I am finishing my law degree, so it's not like I think college is a waste of time, I just think that certain people may not reap the same benefits as others.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

there is the psychological question being raised here is why do so many people root for someone to fail and the more miserably, the better?

some people to make themselves bigger, rely on making other people smaller.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

there is the psychological question being raised here is why do so many people root for someone to fail and the more miserably, the better?

Sometimes people might root for someone to fail because that person is an as$... other than that, or some other extenuating circumstance, who knows, maybe for some it is as you suggest.

I personally don't root for her to fail, I would rather see her do well enough to have Paula take her down in a playoff or something. Why... because I like Paula and dislike Wie... maybe not for good reason, but that's what sports is about... rooting for a player (or team) you like and against a player (or team) you don't. I think many root for her to fail because they dislike her for whatever reason... be it the WD, her comments, playing in Men's events, sponsorships that they think she doesn't deserve or otherwise. I kind of doubt that most people who want Wie to fail get a lift out of it and feel "bigger".
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Burger King is the shit BTW.. you know im there almost every Whopper Wednesday.

Michelle does have a lot of talent and "potential" to be 'REALLY' good. However, my feeling about what or how she(or probably) her parents are capitalizing on this "potential" greatness is a problem.

It seems that she has been marketed to the sponsors in such a way that her actual perfomance matters little(she will make a lot of $$$ no matter how bad she shoots). This, I believe, sets a poor example for young folks and may have future implications in golf and other sports. {Example: Golf could become a sport where women with the best publicists and marketing savvy would be playing on the LPGA.... NOT the BEST women golfers} So the question is: Would Michelle have received the same $$$ amounts from sponsers(without a Pro win) as she did... IF she wasn't marketed as a very young, next best thing, phenomenon???

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Michelle started the tournament with a nice three under par 69.
Then, she crashed and burned, finishing with 73-78 and is currently T73 with the other woman at T73 still on the course (with three holes to go).
It looks as if M.W. is going to finish either dead last, tied for dead last or next to dead last among those who made the cut.

Burger King is the shit BTW.. you know im there almost every Whopper Wednesday.

Great observation there on the driving distance....oh, BTW, Paula WON, and Michille 'Spam Sandwich" finished DEAD LAST>>>

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

Be fair! Tied last!

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Great observation there on the driving distance....oh, BTW, Paula WON, and Michille 'Spam Sandwich" finished DEAD LAST>>>

Paula is hot!

Sorry...wrong thread.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!