IGNORED

LAG!!!

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I’ve begun to figure out what lag is suppose to feel like. I just got back from the range and it was quite a practice session. 

I kept it to half and 3/4 swings and I was hitting considerably longer than my full lagless, casting swings.  The biggest thing for me was how effortlessly I was swinging. Normally after about 125 balls or so at the range, I’m gassed. This time after 150 (full bucket), I wasn’t tired at all.  I recorded my swings and they weren’t bad. I think I was releasing the club a touch early, but for my first time trying this, I was really pleased. I’m so psyched to continue this journey!

Danny

Hello my friend. Look, I’m happy for ya. I really am. Golf is a cruel and cynical world and the golf gods never cease to punish us at our moments of glory. But hey, let’s see the video and hopefully you’ve managed to ‘change the picture’ meaning, you can actually see a difference from this swing to your previous swings besides just being shorter. Now I mean no harm, and no ill intentions are here. I’m a mess when it comes to making real swing changes and I hope like hell you’ve done a better  job than I. Enjoy the feeling and post your video and let’s see what you’ve  got going on there. 😃

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Hello my friend. Look, I’m happy for ya. I really am. Golf is a cruel and cynical world and the golf gods never cease to punish us at our moments of glory. But hey, let’s see the video and hopefully you’ve managed to ‘change the picture’ meaning, you can actually see a difference from this swing to your previous swings besides just being shorter. Now I mean no harm, and no ill intentions are here. I’m a mess when it comes to making real swing changes and I hope like hell you’ve done a better  job than I. Enjoy the feeling and post your video and let’s see what you’ve  got going on there. 😃

I don’t have a decent “before” video. I’ve decided to get serious about really improving my swing this season. I’ve always shot mid 90s at my home course and my goal is to break 90 multiple times by the end of the season. 

I would start a thread in the member swings section of these forums. That is still a very severe flip.

7 hours ago, ColonelCamp said:

I don’t have a decent “before” video. I’ve decided to get serious about really improving my swing this season.

As @Grizvok stated, start a ‘My swing’ thread and you’ll get some excellent swing advice. Take a look at this thread too. 

Now I understand you were ‘feeling’ you were making brief swings. But in your video you are making very little shoulder turn and essentially lifting your arms up and a little back. You then release early and flip through the ball causing your club head to over take your hands and chicken winging your lead arm. Check out the link I posted regarding the centered pivot.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Stealing from Hunter S Thompson:

“Golf is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”:-P

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!