IGNORED

Indianapolis Golfer Looking for Partner

Note: This thread is 1582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

work at a golf course and get people on for $10 with cart and free range balls. It is on the SW side of town and well maintained and challenging.
If interested in meeting up for a round let me know what time and date and I will make sure they don't have an outing or league and book a tee time.

• iacas changed the title to Indianapolis Golfer Looking for Partner
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang! Wish I had seen this a week ago. I was up that way, just west of Terre Haute for a week visiting my mom. I would have driven over for a round! I get up that way twice a year usually, so I'll try to remember next time I'm up. Having lived in Indy for a couple years, I'm also curious which course you are referring to.

30 minutes ago, Wgoforth8605 said:

I am talking about Winding River golf course.  Have you ever played there before?

It's rare for me to venture west of the Ohio state line.

That said, your course looks like an entirely reasonable, public course. Despite the name, it appears that water hazards are relatively few and that's a good thing in my book. Reviews on it seem mostly positive.

Best of luck.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh wow, I didn't know you were in Ohio.  I have never been to any of the golf courses there.  How are they?

Yeah it is a well maintained course with challenging greens.  The majority of them are not flat with a lot of those little sneaky hard to read breaks.  It is called Winding River because on the other side of the trees on holes 15 & 5 the white river is winding through.  Think there is only two water hazards and both on the same hole (#3) and rarely do people find them.  The course biggest defense is the trees that line quite a few fairways on one side of the other sometimes both.lol

On 6/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, Wgoforth8605 said:

Oh wow, I didn't know you were in Ohio.  I have never been to any of the golf courses there.  How are they?

Even with the golf recession, we still got a butt ton of golf courses over here. Some good, some bad and some indifferent. My home courses are at Kittyhawk Golf Center. It's a city of Dayton muni so more on the order of affordable but scruffy. 

Fill out your profile a bit and you can list your home town in the box to your left, along with handicap and an avatar.

Also, if you quote someone like I just did with you, that person will get a little notification under that bell in the top right corner. 

Edited by mcanadiens

• 6 months later...

Wgoforth8605. I am new to the sand trap and live on the North East side of Indy. I play on your side of town once or twice a month at Southern Dunes. Let me know if you want to play together in 2020. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Note: This thread is 1582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!