IGNORED

Solo US visit – 3 days where to play

GW555
Note: This thread is 1646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’m travelling from Australia to San Francisco and Las Vegas in September on business and will be able to swing 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun) in between to go play golf as a single (although may get a mate from Canada to join me).  I’m a member of a private club in Sydney and play off of 3 but have zero contacts in the US so with the way clubs operate in the US I’ll need to go down the public access route.  I have already played Pebble, Spy Glass and Pasatiempo about 20 years ago so think I’ll need to go further afield.  Getting to and from Bandon seems to be a mare with the limited time I have so initial thoughts were to either fly to Chicago and loop round Erin Hills, Whistling Straights, Blackwolf Run and Lawsonia or fly to Raleigh and do Pinehurst and Tobacco Rd.  Plan to finish off with Shadow Creek if I can although it will be overseeded so not sure what that will be like.  Any advice welcome, I feel like I’m probably missing something easier in the west coast but keen to play some top/unique courses while I’m there and this seems the easiest way.

5 hours ago, GW555 said:

I have so initial thoughts were to either fly to Chicago and loop round Erin Hills, Whistling Straights, Blackwolf Run and Lawsonia or fly to Raleigh and do Pinehurst and Tobacco Rd.  

For the life of me, I can’t think of much that I would rather do than either of those two options!  

Welcome to TST, and enjoy your trip!   :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Eli and Mike (Chasing Scratch podcast) really liked Stallion Mountain in Vegas. They avoided the A. Who knows, you might even see Carl Weathers! Stay away from the Aliante unless you like rock sand and 25ft wide fairways!

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• 1 month later...

Just to close the loop on this one, played:

Bethpage Black
- Mid Pines
- Pinehurst #8
- Pinehurst #4
- Pinehurst #2
- The Cradle 
- Tobacco Road

Trip was fantastic, fabulous courses and everyone I met was super friendly, ended up playing in a group of 5 round Pinehurst #2 and teed off on the 13th to a tribe called quest “can I kick it, yes you can!” - a once in a lifetime trip with a lifetime of superb memories. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GW555 said:

Just to close the loop on this one, played:

Bethpage Black
- Mid Pines
- Pinehurst #8
- Pinehurst #4
- Pinehurst #2
- The Cradle 
- Tobacco Road

Trip was fantastic, fabulous courses and everyone I met was super friendly, ended up playing in a group of 5 round Pinehurst #2 and teed off on the 13th to a tribe called quest “can I kick it, yes you can!” - a once in a lifetime trip with a lifetime of superb memories. 

Sounds like one hell of a loop! Feel free to post some pics! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!