Marko1

DeChambeau Not Being Shown

14 posts / 937 viewsLast Reply

3M Open is following the two rookies, been watching for 45 minutes and they’ve shown only 2 shots by Bryson while showing every shot of the rookies. Perhaps because he has had negative comments about the PGA as an organization??

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1 hour ago, Marko1 said:

Perhaps because he has had negative comments about the PGA as an organization??

Huh?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His pairing has received a warning about pace of play, so maybe that's why.

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

10. At the start of the year, DeChambeau putted side-saddle. And the 23-year-old ran into some trouble with the USGA after they ruled one of his side-saddle putters non-conforming: "They’re not a good organization, and you can quote me on that. I’m part of their family and as family it’s very frustrating to see them stunt the growth of the game.” He later apologized.

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

Sorry, USGA not the PGA

4 minutes ago, Marko1 said:

Sorry, USGA not the PGA

I don’t think either is directing the tv coverage...

Just now, David in FL said:

I don’t think either is directing the tv coverage...

I suspect you are right. Also since turning over to the network he’s been shown as much as any of the others. My comment was premature 

On 7/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, don28 said:

His pairing has received a warning about pace of play, so maybe that's why.

Listened to a Feherty podcast this weekend that had Dechambeau.  He said if he is playing with very slow players he will purposely do things to get them put on the clock (hang out in the porta john,etc).  Said once they get put on the clock it forces them to play at his pace.

4 hours ago, rob0225 said:

Listened to a Feherty podcast this weekend that had Dechambeau.  He said if he is playing with very slow players he will purposely do things to get them put on the clock (hang out in the porta john,etc).  Said once they get put on the clock it forces them to play at his pace.

I think you mean Koepka.

Dechambeau is glacially slow.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think you mean Koepka.

You are correct, it was Koepka.  Got them mixed up, though Dechambeau's interview was interesting as well.

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Off-topic, but seems like a good place to ask this question.  I have noticed that Frenchie changes clubs a lot....almost to the point where he "may" be actually intentionally holding the wrong club when it comes time for him to play, just so he can then change clubs......my question is this: 

Does the act of changing clubs while it is your turn to play impact the time you actually have to play under the rules (even if just laying groundwork for the argument the change of club is evidence that the conditions/decision was difficult and should be taken into account for purposes of timing)?

Thanks in advance.....

Edited by BallStriker

2 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

Off-topic, but seems like a good place to ask this question.  I have noticed that Frenchie changes clubs a lot....almost to the point where he "may" be actually intentionally holding the wrong club when it comes time for him to play, just so he can then change clubs......my question is this: 

Does the act of changing clubs while it is your turn to play impact the time you actually have to play under the rules (even if just laying groundwork for the argument the change of club is evidence that the conditions/decision was difficult and should be taken into account for purposes of timing)?

Thanks in advance.....

No.

Plus why did you call him "Frenchie"?

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

No.

Because of the hat! 😝

54 minutes ago, iacas said:

No.