weifert

My Swing (weifert)

6 posts / 807 viewsLast Reply

Hi All,

I have been hitting my irons very, very well lately. And that's really exciting. But when I step up to the tee with my driver, the below video is what happens every time - a low hook. Any advice would be much appreciated. Side note - I know I did a half ass back swing here. I think I was just hurrying because it felt odd having some rando videoing my swing.

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 years seriously (up until this point, I've played maybe once per year. But I'm hoping to change that).
My current handicap index or average score is: Score 100
My typical ball flight is: Straight with my irons, low hook with driver
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Driver Hook

Videos: 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Here's the latest views. Still having the same problem.

And straight on:

Any advice is much appreciated.

I'm not an expert, but have struggled with this myself.  My instructor has me working on changing my hand path at P2 & P5 to help correct this.  I would say you have a low hook because of the position you are in below around P5, compared to Ricky.  My hand path comes more from the outside causing my arms to follow my upper body when turning, instead of the right arm straightening and following along more to the target line.

image.png.297d6e4efb053bb7a9157d026dcfedf3.pngimage.png.7e381ce89703d89bfb21697d286d202c.png

But there are more experienced people here than me that probably have better thoughts about this.

Edited by JGus
Removed rogue pic.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the comment JGus. I could see this being an issue. My driver swing "feels" off in a way that may relate to this 

Even when I hit my irons bad, my arms and body seem to be working in unison. But with the driver, something just feels off. It feels like one part of my body is moving way faster than the other, or is at least disjointed. 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, billchao said:

Your ball position is too far back in your stance for the driver.

This evening I tried playing with the ball forward in my stance, and I teed it up higher than usual. Still had a few issues, but on maybe 5/9 holes i drove it well. Thanks for the advice!