IGNORED

Hi Fellow Golfers

Colorado14
Note: This thread is 1709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all, just joined and I have a few questions to ask. First of all I will get things updated on myself as soon as I can. Videos and such. I am 47 and I’ve played golf competitively for about 5 years and played for a total of about 15 years. I had to take time of for medial reasons so I was away from the game for about 6-7 years. I just started playing again now in 2 and a half years. I have started seeing some old habits but most of all I am seeing all the new equipment. I am interested in new irons but don’t know what to buy. I have hit Cleveland TA5’s for about 10 years. I was a 6 handicap when I walked away. I am now a 10 with my last couple of rounds of 9 holes I shot 2 over and 3 over par and would like some new irons. What’s comparable to the TA5’s I’ve been hitting? Should I really think about getting fitted? Thanks in advance? 

Paul

Paul Moncivaiz

Driver...2017 Taylormade M1 stiff shaft Woods..Adams tight lies #3&#5 Irons...Cleveland TA5’s 3-pw

Wedge.. Nike CGI 52* gap.. Titliest Vokey SM6 56 SW

Putter..Taylormade Spider Tour standard Ball.. Titliest ProV1

Welcome to TST.   You've found the best place on the web to talk golf.   

Without a doubt, you'll get overwhelming replies to get fitted.   It just makes sense.   Any ole club off of the rack will work but one that is suited to you and your swing with reap rewards.  Find a reputable fitter, one that used Trackman or similar.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST.   You've found the best place on the web to talk golf.   

Without a doubt, you'll get overwhelming replies to get fitted.   It just makes sense.   Any ole club off of the rack will work but one that is suited to you and your swing with reap rewards.  Find a reputable fitter, one that used Trackman or similar.  

Thanks Dennyjones! I kin of figured that but I was hoping someone used the TA5’s like me and changed to something newer with good results. Saving me some leg work, since I missed a few years from the game. I guess I will have to take the time get fitted to continue my quest in getting better and better at this terrible game!😁

Paul Moncivaiz

Driver...2017 Taylormade M1 stiff shaft Woods..Adams tight lies #3&#5 Irons...Cleveland TA5’s 3-pw

4 hours ago, Colorado14 said:

Thanks Dennyjones! I kin of figured that but I was hoping someone used the TA5’s like me and changed to something newer with good results. Saving me some leg work, since I missed a few years from the game. I guess I will have to take the time get fitted to continue my quest in getting better and better at this terrible game!😁

Welcome to TST! Yes getting fitted is where you should start. There are so many great irons out there now you may want to narrow your choices a bit. It can be overwhelming. In a good way perhaps but it can really make the decision difficult. Keep us posted on your progress. All of us here get pretty excited when anybody is romancing a new set of clubs..lol. Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Welcome to TST! Yes getting fitted is where you should start. There are so many great irons out there now you may want to narrow your choices a bit. It can be overwhelming. In a good way perhaps but it can really make the decision difficult. Keep us posted on your progress. All of us here get pretty excited when anybody is romancing a new set of clubs..lol. Cheers!

Thank you Vinsk. I will be sneaking away without the wife knowing to get the fitting done. When I told her I needed to get fitted for new irons and she asked me what the cost was she said she would do the fitting herself for that price!!🤣 I did buy some Taylor made M4 irons but I could not hit them consistently and didn’t like the way they felt. Weird since they are supposed to be easy to hit? I sent them back and that’s when I decided that I probably should go get fitted. I will definitely post up when I get my new sticks! 

Paul Moncivaiz

• iacas changed the title to Hi Fellow Golfers
Note: This thread is 1709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!