IGNORED

Cobra One Length Forged

Note: This thread is 1561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used a set of one length irons from Giga Golf this season. I wanted to try the one length concept without spending too much money. Overall I liked the concept. I have been thinking about upgrading to a set of Cobra One length irons. I am still pretty new to the game of golf and usually shoot in the high 80’s to mid 90’s. I was thinking about getting the forged irons. I’m sure the speed backs are more suited for my skill level but I wanted something to grow into and the forged seem like higher quality. Anybody have experience with both? Are the forged irons still somewhat forgiving or similar to blades?

I have a set of one length irons. I believe they are the forged model. Not sure. "F" series maybe? 5-SW.

I won them in a raffle. Took them to the d-range for a small bucket, cleaned them up, and put them back in the box. 

Iirc,I like them for the most part. Distance was good, and setting up to hit was pretty easy. Shaft flex seemed to be a different "R" than what I am use to. 

I do like the concept, and I actually think more of these one length irons will eventually be coming out by more manufacturers. The "one swing for all irons" concept is a good marketing feature. 

The idea of one length clubs to me, makes me think they might allow for fewer set up/swing thoughts for the end user. 

That said, I am having such a good run with my old gamers, the new clubs have been put away till further notice. 

I will probably get them out again later on this season. That, or when my Granddaughter decides she wants a new set of clubs, I will show them to her. Might be a good way of recouping post golf ice cream monies from her Dad if she wants them. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the F9 one lengths 5-SW. I played them this year. Once you get used to playing every club like a 7 iron they're easy. Fewer swing thoughts. I only carry up to the 6i. I carry standard length F9 5H & 4H. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Sorry to reopen an older thread, but I was curious how people felt about the one length concept. Personally, the side of me that appreciates the science behind it likes the idea, but I have trouble with one thing.

I'm 6'7" tall and use irons that are 1.5" longer than standard. The extra length of the 8-9-Wedges in a one length set is attractive, but I want the 5-6-7 irons to be longer than a standard 7 iron.

I bought a set of used F8 One Length irons and added 1" to the 5-6-7 irons, back weighting them to stay at D1 swingweight. I guess that makes them Two Length?    ;-)

I haven't been able to play with them yet, but hitting them into the net in my backyard felt fine.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Note: This thread is 1561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!