IGNORED

blended iron sets

greenail
Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, so I needed to make the jump to stiff shafts and instead of reshafting my cg4 tours I started looking on ebay for some MP-60 with project x 5.5's in 'em. I found and won a set but they are blended, 3-6i MX-23 and 7-PW MP-60. I hit them for the first time on the range last night and when going between the two types, the MX-23's seemed to be going right. The MX-23 has what seems to me to be a HUGE sole, and I'm not sure if that is what is throwing me off.

Can anyone offer their experience playing with a blended set? Is there any adjustment you consciously need to make transitioning?

P.S. Please don't speculate unless you are a club fitter, or have played a few rounds with a blended set. Guessing is fun, but your guess is as good as mine.

P.P.S. Those MP-60 feel butter sweet, and my shot dispersion was way down.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Well after 3 rounds I am not having any distance issues, or swing weight issues, Love the MP60 but having some more room for error on the long irons is nice.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I have demoed a set of blended Titleist 695's (7-Pw 695mb, 3-6 695cb) and noticed large distance dispersion between the 7 and 6 irons, which caused me to not buy them. If you aren't seeing any distance dispersion and only accuracy, i would say just stick with them, and maybe get the loft/lie angles checked.

Driver: Sasquatch Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila NV Stiff
Fw: Sasquatch 4wd Reg.
3 Iron: Burner Stiff
4-Pw: Ta5 Reg.
Sand Wedge: Reg. 588 56Lob Wedge: 588 DSG 60Putter: Studio Stainless NewportBall: Pro-V1 (When I can afford them)Home Course: Sunridge Canyon in Fountain Hills, AZ

I have demoed a set of blended Titleist 695's (7-Pw 695mb, 3-6 695cb) and noticed large distance dispersion between the 7 and 6 irons, which caused me to not buy them. If you aren't seeing any distance dispersion and only accuracy, i would say just stick with them, and maybe get the loft/lie angles checked.

I've noticed the same thing about some blended sets so I use the KZG Evolution irons because the progression and design is much smoother going from the long irons to the short irons. Each iron is 10% different from each adjoining iron. Most manufacturers only vary their blended sets by only 3 club increments.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!