IGNORED

USGA Renewals

chilepepper
Note: This thread is 1526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone get multiple USGA renewal letters throughout the year. I seem to get them almost quarterly in spite of renewing them yearly. My membership expires the end of this year and I’ve received another renewal letter ......about 4 weeks after I got my hat,bag tag etc. I’m starting to feel like they are trying to scam me into mistakenly sending more money.

Edited by chilepepper
Add stuff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’d chalk it up to automation sending out letters.  I used to get tons of letters even after I renewed.  Because I used to live in the ass end of nowhere, I wasn’t thinking about golf until the hell mouth thawed out, so it would lapse and even after I renewed I would get a couple. I’ll bet that stuff is out sourced so they’ll keep sending sometimes no matter what. 

—Adam

• Administrator

If you did send more money they’d just extend your membership.

Mine auto-renews.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My membership renews in December.  A couple of years ago, I got an “it’s time to renew” notice in July.

I emailed them that it’s not time to renew in July.  They replied that my account would be updated to send me only a single renewal notice, 60 days before expiration. It’s been fine since then.

I’d suggest emailing them to request they update your account similarly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

13 hours ago, chilepepper said:

I’m starting to feel like they are trying to scam me into mistakenly sending more money.

There are a few things you should check.

1. Go to Ghin website, Enter your Name and Ghin # to log in.
2. Then use the "Golfer Lookup" menu and search for "All Golfers" with your last name in your state.
If you have multiple players with the last name (your name) it could possibly be you have created additional accounts.
The accounts are very specific to "Exact Names" IE: using middle initial, or having first names like James / Jim or suffix
3. Check paper/payment trail. Did you pay with multiple manners? Credit cards / checking accounts, etc.
4. Sometimes a person will have multiple accounts when they belong to two different clubs.
I've seen friends who belong to a club in Florida and Missouri who will have two separate accounts.
USGA loves these situations, they are receiving fees for each account.

I obtain my Ghin through my club which is run by our Metropolitan Amateur Golf Association
The club renews my membership each year and bills my account.

Another thing you should check is if you have setup "Auto-Renew" 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• iacas changed the title to USGA Renewals
Note: This thread is 1526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!