IGNORED

Hardest You’ve Laughed on the Course

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What’s the hardest you’ve ever laughed on the course? Whether it’s something your playing partners/buddies have said, or a shot you/they hit, just plop it here. I’ll start with two hilarious stories.

1) Last September, we were playing a course new to us. On the 16th, a long par-4, my grandpa was up. He wanted to launch his ball down the fairway, and he said, “Maybe if I swing harder and faster, it’ll go further.” So he put his words into action. You can probably infer from the title that his ball was not launched down the fairway. Rather, it was topped. So badly, in fact, that it went between his legs and rolled off the tee box. My brother and I lost it. Then he yelled so loud the rest of the course probably heard it, which made us laugh even harder.

2) This from just over a week ago. My brother and I were playing with our godsister’s boyfriend, who we didn’t know played golf until the night before. Anyway, we were on the par-3 18th. My brother was the last one to go, and he hit it so well that it flew 30 yards over the green and over some small thorny bushes. The pin was in the back of the green, and he tried to get cute with it. He chunked it, and it went right into the center of one of the bushes. We were able to get the ball out without too much trouble, laughing all the while. I actually caught this one on video!

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scramble tournament about 5 years ago. It was a full field of about 150 guys, but most of them were not golfers. I'd say at least half probably didn't pick up a club outside of this event. Our "E" player was a surfer-dude type. He wore Van's, baggy shorts and a flannel shirt to the event. He was actually pretty athletic, was able to generate good clubhead speed, but had no feel for the game whatsoever. I don't think we even came close to using one of his shots on the front nine. Even so, he was a good guy and we were having a fun time despite a pretty mediocre score (2 or 3 under through 9).

We get to the 12th hole, a 180 yard par 3. By this point, our E player was hanging out in the cart drinking Coors Light and bypassing his turn as long as someone else in the group hit a decent shot. Unfortunately, all 4 of us hit poor tee shots and we are looking at a pretty tricky up and down just to save par. We tell the guy "buddy we need you on this one," not expecting much. 

With no hesitation whatsoever, he says "don't worry guys - I got you" and grabs a 5 iron out of his bag. He takes a swing and rips the prettiest baby fade you can ever hope to see. As soon as the ball leaves the clubface, the guy holds one finger over his head and starts dancing around like he just won the world series. He knew it was good from the moment it left his club. The rest of us watch the ball fade right towards the flag and land 3 feet away for a tap in birdie before dog piling on top of him in a mob scene. 

I don't think we stopped laughing about it the rest of the day. Something about his irrational confidence combined with the fact that he actually pulled off the damn shot was just so funny. Another golfing buddy of mine was in the same group with me, and we still chuckle about it to this day.

Edited by Big C
grammar

Playing Oakland Hill with @missitnoonan about 10 years ago, he had a shot where his ball was on the edge of a bunker, but he had to stand in the bunker. The bunkers there are deep and nasty. We look over, and see the upper part of his legs, torso, etc. making a swing at the ball. Our friend said, "He looks like Dorf on Golf", and we all lost it.

Image result for dorf on golf

Alcohol may have been involved in this story.

• Thumbs Up 1

- Shane

We were playing a heavily wooded course as the opening event of my best friend's bachelor party, so alcohol was involved, but not too much at this point. Dogleg left par 4 and one of my friends tries to cut and the corner and hits a hard pull. The ball drills a tree and ricochets back behind the tee box for a negative 5-yard drive, prompting uncontrollable laughter from the rest of the group.

Impressively, he was able to compose himself enough and smashed his second shot, leading to one of the better pars I have ever seen.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

Note: This thread is 1491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!