IGNORED

My Favorite CrossFit Workout

Typhoon92
Note: This thread is 1451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It’s called Cindy.  It’s 20 minutes, as many rounds as possible:

5 pull-ups

10 push ups

15 air squats

i posted my personal best yesterday of 26 rounds plus 5 pull-ups.  My previous best was 23.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to My Favorite CrossFit Workout
On 4/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, Typhoon92 said:

5 pull-ups

10 push ups

15 air squats

i posted my personal best yesterday of 26 rounds plus 5 pull-ups.  My previous best was 23.

What are air squats?

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

On 4/4/2020 at 1:31 PM, Typhoon92 said:

5 pull-ups

10 push ups

15 air squats

I haven't done Cindy but I have done The Murph. Our gym does it every Memorial Day (although sadly, we may to postpone it this year). It is similar to Cindy with a Mile run at the beginning and end.

1 Mile Run

100 Pull Ups

200 Push Ups

300 Air Squats

1 Mile Run.

I think my best time was around 44 minutes. @Typhoon92, 26 rounds of Pull-ups (130 total) is pretty damn impressive. Do you do kipping pull-ups or strict?

My other favorite Crossfit workout is Fran. It is alternating Thrusters and Pullups in a 21/15/9 rep sequence. It's a great combination of pushing and pulling exercises and although it's not very long time wise, I am drenched in sweat by the end.

9 hours ago, Big C said:

I haven't done Cindy but I have done The Murph. Our gym does it every Memorial Day (although sadly, we may to postpone it this year). It is similar to Cindy with a Mile run at the beginning and end.

1 Mile Run

100 Pull Ups

200 Push Ups

300 Air Squats

1 Mile Run.

I think my best time was around 44 minutes. @Typhoon92, 26 rounds of Pull-ups (130 total) is pretty damn impressive. Do you do kipping pull-ups or strict?

My other favorite Crossfit workout is Fran. It is alternating Thrusters and Pullups in a 21/15/9 rep sequence. It's a great combination of pushing and pulling exercises and although it's not very long time wise, I am drenched in sweat by the end.

I like Fran as well.  I do strict pull-ups because it’s only 5 at a time.  Murph is brutal, I’m good at sprinting, not distance.  I usually skip the 2 times a year we do Murph.

16 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I like Fran as well.  I do strict pull-ups because it’s only 5 at a time.  Murph is brutal, I’m good at sprinting, not distance.  I usually skip the 2 times a year we do Murph.

Yes, I'm not particularly quick on the exercises (particularly pull ups - I take forever to get to 100) but 1 mile runs are where I make up a bit of time. 

BTW, I'm going to update my post above for vanity reasons. I actually checked my history on Wodify and my last two Murph's have been around 39 minutes -  not 44. I think the runs totaled about 17 minutes of that, so that essentially means it took me 22 minutes to do 20 rounds of Cindy. So I am still pretty impressed that you were able to get 26 rounds in 20 minutes.

23 hours ago, Big C said:

Yes, I'm not particularly quick on the exercises (particularly pull ups - I take forever to get to 100) but 1 mile runs are where I make up a bit of time. 

BTW, I'm going to update my post above for vanity reasons. I actually checked my history on Wodify and my last two Murph's have been around 39 minutes -  not 44. I think the runs totaled about 17 minutes of that, so that essentially means it took me 22 minutes to do 20 rounds of Cindy. So I am still pretty impressed that you were able to get 26 rounds in 20 minutes.

Cindy is my bitch.... I weigh next to nothing and have the upper body strength. Today’s wod involved rounds of Cindy as well and I crushed it.

This was today’s wod... did it in 12:30

7FAA3974-BCFA-418C-9F3C-1E0583EEB0EC.png

I’m jealous of your Murph time... good work!!

Note: This thread is 1451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!