IGNORED

NCAA Football 2020

saevel25
Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It’s been like that forever. Alabama is skewing this a bit. 

Imagine if we still had the rules in the 70’s . 100+ scholarships.

these schools are good at branding. They are good at getting elite talent to commit. Can’t complain really. 

This is why Saban's accomplishment is so much more impressive than Bryant's.  Of course, the old school Alabama fans don't believe this, but it's true.  Bryant could walk into any high school in the South and offer the player he wanted, along with all of his friends.  Saban doesn't have that luxury.

Bryant took 25 years to win six national championships.  Saban took 14 years to win his six, 19 if you include his years at LSU to get his seventh.  I think he wants to get to ten before he retires, and I am here for it.

Roll Tide!

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, bwdial said:

Of course, the old school Alabama fans don't believe this, but it's true.  Bryant could walk into any high school in the South and offer the player he wanted, along with all of his friends.  Saban doesn't have that luxury.

I agree what Saban is doing is much more impressive than what anybody did pre-1992 (when they imposed the 85 scholarship limit). Before 1973 it was 150 scholarships allowed. From 1973 till 1992 it was 105 scholarships. 

Also, when you consider that pre-1998 teams won national championships by having different entities vote on them. When you consider all that, Saban is the best head coach in NCAA FBS history. 

If you want to go down to Division III. You got Larry Kehres, who went 332-24-3 at Mount Union. He has more seasons as a head coach than he does losses. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!