IGNORED

Golfers do dumb things

golf_junkie27
Note: This thread is 5726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if the bird was bothering his shot, then wouldn't it also be bothering his shot as he was trying to hit the bird? i don't think he killed it intentionaly, but he should be reprimended for being stupid

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should make a commercial with him in it.......'Sometimes these guys are too good'

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

Poor Tripp,

He will be hung for this... I remember when the baseball player Dave Winfield accidently hit a seagull with a baseball and they roasted him for months.

Tripp would do well to hide out on the Nationwide tour until the press find someone else to hang .

The punishment should be decided by the person that can honestly say that they are not guilty of a dumb act.

I believe that person was here and gone; they even crucified him!!

As for family, Tripp is the head of his family. If he were a teenager and his mom adopted cats, it would be irrelevant.

The Tripp family adopting cats is irrelevant. It doesn't prove anything other than they adopted some cats. It doesn't mean that they like birds (the Tripps, Tripp himself, or even the cats for that matter although I am sure that the cats probably like birds, maybe not hawks, but birds in general in a predatorial sense, not to say that the cats are predatorial or that this trait is evident in any of the family members including, but not limited to Tripp himself). Any Questions... Whether or not you could actually hit a large bird with a golf ball is also a weak point and probably not that relevant to intent. Sure you could get the National Golf Foundation to present the data on holes in one but you could also show the Big Break where a contestant broke the glass in one try. Anyway I still call this a dumbass move no matter how you look at it.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Anyway I still call this a dumbass move no matter how you look at it.

I agree completely on this. Hitting towards the bird was stupid.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sure we are all guilty of dumb acts. I know I am. But this goes beyond the pale. If it had been his first shot and "wow, I hit the bird" it would be forgivable. But he took almost two dozen, and continued to even after sending one right past the bird's head. At this point he was totally grooving his swing and honing in on his target.

Add to that the fact that he did it very publicly with a camera and sound crew nearby - I mean, how clueless and moronic can you be?

I don't know what the penalty should be if any, but I think he completely deserves all the opprobrium he is receiving.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

If Tripp would have ran over to the hawk after he hit it with the ball, and killed it... took the hawk home... cleaned and plucked the hawk... then grilled the hawk for supper...

Would Tripp still be a despicable, distasteful, malevolent, malicious bird murderer??? Or, just really hungry?

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Whether or not he actually thought he would hit the bird, he repeatedly hit golf balls at it. I'm no lawyer, but I think this legally qualifies as intent to do it harm.

I'm also no animal rights advocate, so I think jail time is extreme. In this odd case I think we should look to Boo Weekely for punishment ideas :
Q. You said you like the smell of the gunpowder. Is it just the act of hunting or do you really want to kill something when you're out there? BOO WEEKLEY: No, it ain't about killing. It ain't about the killing. We ain't going to kill nothing unless we're going to eat it. I learned that quick-like. My great-granddaddy, I shot a blackbird. Blackbird is awful, dude. You ought to try eating that thing. Q. Did he make you eat it? BOO WEEKLEY: Yeah, he made me eat it. I shot the bird, and he said, "If you're going to shoot this bird, take a life, you need to eat it." I brought it right in, plucked the feathers off of it and he stuck it right in the fryer. It ain't very good, I can tell you that.

It's the perfect solution...the hawk's life will not have been taken in vain and Isenhour can be adequately punished.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

It's the perfect solution...the hawk's life will not have been taken in vain and Isenhour can be adequately punished.

I was going to say something about liking your ideas and wishing to subscribe to your newsletter, and then I realize it's a response to flames, not to genuinely good ideas. So instead, I'll just say I

really like this idea.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The Tripp family adopting cats is irrelevant.

there is nothing irrelevant about the trip family adopting cats. everyone knows that domestic cats are always hunting birds and quite successfully so as they are able to sneak up on them as they are doing some groundfeeding. what this shows that trip has cats is once again his ferocious disgust and loathing for birds and his intent to kill or harm them at every chance.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Actually, if he were guilty, I *would* expect him to admit guilt. To be an accomplished golfer on the level that one can reach the PGA Tour - regardless of placing in the order of merit once there - requires a level of honesty. It's the same reason we don't have referees in every bunker.

fascinating argument, accomplished golfers are honest

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

there is nothing irrelevant about the trip family adopting cats. everyone knows that domestic cats are always hunting birds and quite successfully so as they are able to sneak up on them as they are doing some groundfeeding. what this shows that trip has cats is once again his ferocious disgust and loathing for birds and his intent to kill or harm them at every chance.

Bravo..

I don't know how many others you fooled, but you kept me going all the way to page 8.. I think thats worth a rep point..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I was going to say something about liking your ideas and wishing to subscribe to your newsletter, and then I realize it's a response to flames, not to genuinely good ideas. So instead, I'll just say I

Not really flames. I think he is guilty of being a jackass. This is the kind of thing you would expect from a juvenile...so I think he needs a fitting punishment.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Not really flames. I think he is guilty of being a jackass. This is the kind of thing you would expect from a juvenile...so I think he needs a fitting punishment.

No, no, I misspoke. I didn't mean anyone was flaming at the moment. The comment about newsletter is typically used when someone is responding to a flame-war online in a sarcastic tone. I'm glad I looked it up, because I used to use the term approvingly and without sarcasm.

In any case, I should have just said "I agree with you whole-heartedly."

-- Michael | My swing! 

I think you have uncovered a conspiracy. Wait until the Audobon Society uncovers this nugget. They will have people chaining themselves to ballwashers to protest. Come to think of it I wonder if the balls were clean. If they were indeed dirty it would be another clue into his insideous mind of even taking the chance to "wing" the bird with perhaps an infection that would have accomplished the same goal just not as quickly. I digress.

Still a jackass move.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

an article said that earlier he had tried to shoo it away and then it came closer and when he started to hit balls at it he was excited about how he had almost hit it. then he goes to say i was trying to shoo it away and i love birds and it was an accident. pigs arse i say. wouldn't hit balls at it if it were true.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

The article I read said initially he started hitting balls at it when it was 300 yds away. The reason was because it's squawking was interrupting his taping of some video. That's a crock right there. 300 yds and this bird is bothering him? The guy then keeps hitting balls at it when it gets up closer(75 yds). Anybody that thinks he was just trying to scare it is kidding themselves. I say make the guy clean cages at some aviary for a couple months. Then squawking birds might not seem so bothersome to him afterwards.

Question: There is a Canadian Geese walking right in front of the green that you are about to hit at. Rather than spend 10 minutes going up to the green and scaring the bird off, you go ahead and hit your ball. The shot is skulled and hits the bird, killing it. Are you in the same boat as Tripp?

A good coot is a dead coot

Skulling the shot would be an accident. Regaring Tripp, if this is proven... "Isenhour allegedly said, ``I'll get him now,'' and aimed for the hawk." It shows he meant to hit that hawk. Guilty. Case closed. Actually...he'll probably settle out of court with a sizable donation made to the Humane Society to make this all go away.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 5726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!