bweiss711

My Swing (bweiss711)

43 posts / 3426 viewsLast Reply

Maybe only a little too hunched.

I'm not sure your right hand is really on the club near the top.

I don't mind a shut face but the whole downswing move is not really compatible with what you're doing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe only a little too hunched.

I'm not sure your right hand is really on the club near the top.

I don't mind a shut face but the whole downswing move is not really compatible with what you're doing.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm still working to find a consistent spine angle that I feel I can repeat shot after shot.  Good to know that there is a point where its too hunched over.  But I do believe the main point would be to maintain the spine angle from address through impact.  Hopefully, I'll find something I can repeat.

As for the right hand, i think this is a remnant of the Hogan book.  He says the thumb and finger really shouldn't do anything active in the swing, and recommends taking practice swings without them on the club.  I don't even think about that anymore, and its something that just happens.  Perhaps I should be a little more conscious about what im doing with the grip throughout the backswing.

As for whats happening in the downswing, im confident you're correct.  I just don't think im there yet in terms of starting to work on that.  Still have plenty to do in terms of grip, stance, steady head, and basic things like that.  Would you recommend i focus on things like face control in parallel to those?

3 hours ago, bweiss711 said:

As for the right hand, i think this is a remnant of the Hogan book.  He says the thumb and finger really shouldn't do anything active in the swing, and recommends taking practice swings without them on the club.  I don't even think about that anymore, and its something that just happens.  Perhaps I should be a little more conscious about what im doing with the grip throughout the backswing.

No, the base of your right hand is off the club at the top of the backswing.

image.png

Something appears to be quite wrong there.

The left hand looks palmy and the right hand is barely on the club.

18 hours ago, iacas said:

No, the base of your right hand is off the club at the top of the backswing.

image.png

Something appears to be quite wrong there.

The left hand looks palmy and the right hand is barely on the club.

Much appreciated.  So much to work on.  I'll look to get those hands in a more conventional position.

Those wrists are probably another one of my many moving parts.  I don't have a consistent stance, spine angle goes up and down, head moving all over the place, spaghetti legs, and my hands probably don't get to that ugly looking position consistently either. 

Its a miracle I hit the ball so well last weekend. And it turns out it really was a miracle, to the surprise of no one who read that message I'm sure.  I've played 27 holes since then, and haven't hit a single drive anywhere close to resembling one that I hit last weekend.

I mean, I'd stop almost everything that you're doing and really look at why you're doing this. This is one of the bigger versions of this "taking your hand off the grip" that I've ever seen.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

I mean, I'd stop almost everything that you're doing and really look at why you're doing this. This is one of the bigger versions of this "taking your hand off the grip" that I've ever seen.

I'm honored? 

But seriously, this is some of the best feedback i could possibly ask for.

13 hours ago, bweiss711 said:

I'm honored? 

But seriously, this is some of the best feedback i could possibly ask for.

It might not take long to figure it out. It might not be difficult to fix.

But, you'll want to make sure what you discover holds up at speed. You may even need some odd camera angles so you can really see what the right hand is doing. It might be "fine" at slow speeds but as the club has momentum it will get looser if you don't fix it properly.