IGNORED

Titleist vs. Mizuno vs. Ping irons

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just moved from CG4 tours to mp60/mx23 combo set and have to say that the mp60s feel fantastic though I still think the cg4 tour is a dandy club. I'm not real hot on the mx23 yet, feedback is very muted. The PX shafts also produce a nice ball flight.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

i love the feel of the i 10s the mizzys are great to but they have no forgiveness

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I want to tell you something. The Ping Eye 2's should be illegal because of how forgiving they are. I have tried soo many iron sets and the Ping Eye 2's are absolutely rediculous. You can hit any part of the face and it feels solid. I am not kidding around. I know you might be saying--o i dont believe this guy hes just trying to tell me what to get--I honestly am demanding you to try the Ping Eye 2's --i really think that the Eye 2's are the best golf club ever made including woods putters hybrids and stuff like that. The way that they are designed with the progressive cavity --every shot feels like its well struck and there is little vibration like most clubs. Everybody please try these clubs out because i was telling myself the same thing and now i feel like i really can shoot under par everytime i go out.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Administrator
I want to tell you something. The Ping Eye 2's should be illegal because of how forgiving they are. I have tried soo many iron sets and the Ping Eye 2's are absolutely rediculous. You can hit any part of the face and it feels solid. I am not kidding around. I know you might be saying--o i dont believe this guy hes just trying to tell me what to get--I honestly am demanding you to try the Ping Eye 2's --i really think that the Eye 2's are the best golf club ever made including woods putters hybrids and stuff like that. The way that they are designed with the progressive cavity --every shot feels like its well struck and there is little vibration like most clubs. Everybody please try these clubs out because i was telling myself the same thing and now i feel like i really can shoot under par everytime i go out.

Tried them. Didn't like them. In fact, couldn't stand 'em.

I have both Mizuno and Titleist and probably won't switch from those brands any time soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I swung a friends set of the original Beryllium EYE2s and honestly didn't like them that much. I could barely tell that there was an iron on the end of the shaft they were so light. I'm not discrediting your enjoyment of them, just saying they're not for me.

My forgiveness comes in the form of an MX-19. I remember two shots yesterday where the club completely saved me. A bladed 5 iron that still went about 180 and got enough rise to clear a creek. And a 7 iron out on the toe that ended up about 7 yards off the target line but still on the green. Without those two saves yesterday, I'm looking at an easy set of triple bogeys. I would love to be able to play a set of MP-57s or MP-32s, but for me I need all the help I can get.
What's in the bag:

G10 9 degree, TFC 129 shaft, stiff
Big Bertha 3 Wood
FTX 2i, Apex Plus 3i-E MP-R 52/07 and 56/13 Zing

Everryone is biased towards there own equipment and that's cool. Lots of people reside in your camp on the Eye 2's, lots of people also think Ping makes the single most ugly iron on the face of the Earth. Typically great products cause this type of reaction. I reside in the hate-em camp, but I almost bought a used set for 195.00 just have them sent back to be retumbled and stashed away as a collectors item. That being said, why would you want a club that provides you with no feedback on poorly struck shots? Your swing could go in the tank and you'd not know it until the wheels have completely fallen off.

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

OK, I had tried the AP2's with Project X 5.5 shafts. They were great and forgiving on a mishit or 2 I had. I went today and hit the Mizuno 57's Project X 5.5's. Again a great club with good distance and trajectory. I did have a few miss hits fooling around trying to fade the ball. They were very nice but I feel the Titleist AP2 is an easier and more forgiving club. I think I am waitting until it warms up. In NY with the fake range balls in the cold is a bit stupid to decide!

I use Mizuno's MP-32's and I own Titleist 690.cb and 731PM's. I also have some Ping I3 blade (not really a blade) from the year 2001 but have used just about every club out there.
For me the Mizuno's are much better. Better feel, lower ball flight (same shafts as the Titleists), cleaner look and they wear better.
The Pings have zero feel, a higher ball flight and look a bit clunky at address. The Mizuno's also work for a higher handicap golfer, although most wouldn't think so.
Mizuno is the only iron I've ever used that I'd give a 10 rating.

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

Everryone is biased towards there own equipment and that's cool. Lots of people reside in your camp on the Eye 2's, lots of people also think Ping makes the single most ugly iron on the face of the Earth. Typically great products cause this type of reaction. I reside in the hate-em camp, but I almost bought a used set for 195.00 just have them sent back to be retumbled and stashed away as a collectors item. That being said, why would you want a club that provides you with no feedback on poorly struck shots? Your swing could go in the tank and you'd not know it until the wheels have completely fallen off.

I agree, even as a young golfer growing up in this modern age I guess I'm kind of an old soul. For each shot I want to know exactly were I hit it, and I want to be rewarded for a good shot, but punished for a bad one. Thats why I play forged clubs and am switching to blades by next week. To me thats how golf and life in general should be played but thats only my opinion.

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

Just got the Mizuno MP 57's and I love them. Best Irons I have ever played. You cant look down and not feel confident. By far and away the prettiest irons I have ever seen or played.

I use Mizuno's MP-32's and I own Titleist 690.cb and 731PM's. I also have some Ping I3 blade (not really a blade) from the year 2001 but have used just about every club out there.

i dont know if id say that the mizuno's wear better the 1025e steel they use is notorious for being soft and picking up bag chatter and nicks.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!