IGNORED

Speed System Driver

Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any thoughts about a lighter weight driver?

received an informercial email about this, hawked by Gary McCord....

the logic is that 90% of golfers have slower swing speeds, that could

increase by swinging a lighter driver.   thus faster clubhead speed translates

to faster ball speed.... more distance.....

I don't know the specs, but logically this might make sense.

However golf is a game of feel, and many of us are conditioned to a certain swing weight...

so just asking for opinions....  (eternal hope for magic arrow)

mike

happy with Titleist 915 D2 - Diamana 60 g.  stiff.

220-230 yards.

4 minutes ago, mywong23 said:

any thoughts about a lighter weight driver?

received an informercial email about this, hawked by Gary McCord....

the logic is that 90% of golfers have slower swing speeds, that could

increase by swinging a lighter driver.   thus faster clubhead speed translates

to faster ball speed.... more distance.....

I don't know the specs, but logically this might make sense.

However golf is a game of feel, and many of us are conditioned to a certain swing weight...

so just asking for opinions....  (eternal hope for magic arrow)

mike

happy with Titleist 915 D2 - Diamana 60 g.  stiff.

220-230 yards.

Being able to swing a lighter shaft faster certainly makes sense from a simple physics perspective. But people swing very differently. As you said golf is a game of feel. Unfortunately it’s just too simplistic to think a lighter shaft = Faster SS= More Distance.  The shaft is the engine of the club. It would really benefit you to try a lighter shaft, different flexes and see what works for you. Weight, flex, kick point, torque are all features involved with shafts. Some more important than others.

This is why it’s really best to mess around with different shafts and see what your actual performance is. Cheers.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Being able to swing a lighter shaft faster certainly makes sense from a simple physics perspective. But people swing very differently. As you said golf is a game of feel. Unfortunately it’s just too simplistic to think a lighter shaft = Faster SS= More Distance.  The shaft is the engine of the club. It would really benefit you to try a lighter shaft, different flexes and see what works for you. Weight, flex, kick point, torque are all features involved with shafts. Some more important than others.

This is why it’s really best to mess around with different shafts and see what your actual performance is. Cheers.

I concur.

I have been fitted at Titleist Thursdays 3 times.  twice with same pro :)

who has patience to try fitting various shafts, flexes, shaft weights, kick points... etc.

bottom line was i am in between stiff and regular shaft flexes, subseqent heads 917, TS yield only 3-5 more yards, stiff shaft less dispersion than reg flex shaft that gets a few more yards....

so no magic arrow for me.

1 hour ago, mywong23 said:

I concur.

I have been fitted at Titleist Thursdays 3 times.  twice with same pro 🙂

who has patience to try fitting various shafts, flexes, shaft weights, kick points... etc.

bottom line was i am in between stiff and regular shaft flexes, subseqent heads 917, TS yield only 3-5 more yards, stiff shaft less dispersion than reg flex shaft that gets a few more yards....

so no magic arrow for me.

Ok. Then I’d recommend some speed swing training. What’s your age, ability, flexibility...injuries? There are quite a few people on this site who have improved their swing speeds quite impressively. There’s the SuperSpeed Trainer program you could reaearch. Barring specific injuries and/or musculoskeletal illnesses you may get some excellent results.

logo_white_2_b7b14aca-8bb4-4049-8937-a3f

Improve your distance with the #1 OverSpeed Training System in Golf. SuperSpeed Golf helps players of all...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 9 months later...

74 years old:  Swing speed or lack thereof is 82mph.  Play to a 5 hdcp.  Best  was a +2

Working with the OverSpeed Golf System to improve that.  Meanwhile I was fitted with a driver on a simulator that did show I was hitting the ball 15 yds further.  In real life it hit the ball 10-15 yds shorter.  So much for that money.  I am specifically wondering about the claims for the Speed System Driver.  I noticed on the video there was not a whisper of wind and if the distance simply comes from launch angle is this really going to help in "real life" for a low handicap?

Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!