IGNORED

Ever throw a club on the course?

Pedo
Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Have you ever thrown a club on the golf course

• Yes
    • No
    • No (but I sure wanted to)

I've dropped a club in digust. Never have though, and never will send one airborne. Nothing happens on the course that's worth getting that mad about.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is more a matter of how far and at what. It has been a few years, but I have thrown my share. I don't do it any more because my clubs are too expensive to replace now.

Twice I have broken the stand on my bag, well make that bags, with a side arm wedge toss. The second did double damage as it also bent the shaft on my old gap wedge. i was forced to go out and buy a Cleveland 588. I have also hellicoptered a 3 Wood into a tree. It came down with a nice bend in the shaft.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I did when I was younger and playing off +1. Had a volcano temper.

3 day old Burner Bubble right into a tree, snapped in half after a huge power fade out of bounds.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

I never in my life would throw a club!! its dangerous!

A guy in Canada got pissed at a bad shot...took a swipe at a tree, broke the head off the club...killed his best friend that was standing 10 yards away. do you think he still plays the game?

Closer to home a 17 year old hits a bad tee shot...slams his iron into a bench and breaks it...shaft with head on it spins back and impales him in the heart...the kid dies on the spot!

I dont think any bad shot is worth all that. call yourself a name and move on!

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood
Citation 2 iron from the early 80's
Cronin Tour irons 4 - PW V-foil 56 Vokey wedge 58 Oil canV-foil 60 G2i CRAZ-E ProV1

I never in my life would throw a club!! its dangerous!

golf course urban myths

In My Bag:

Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

golf course urban myths

This really happened,,.. I don't know the guy personally, but it was a friend of a friends moms ex boyfriend...

Ok.. The guy throws his club.. It hits a tree.. The tree sounds hollow, so he goes over to investigate. Inside he finds a note from a man in Nigeria claiming that he has a large sum of money left by some dead guy who made his fortune forwarding an e-mail from Microsoft and for every 10 forwards he recieved a check for $200... The note went on to say he needed to transfer the funds to America, but needed an account number to do so. When this guy called to give his account number, the guy on the other end of the phone turned out to be his unknown twin brother. From there the story just gets weird, and you probably won't believe it.....

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

This really happened,,.. I don't know the guy personally, but it was a friend of a friends moms ex boyfriend...

wtf.....a little off topic

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

wtf.....a little off topic

I was just expanding on "golf course urban myths."

I was trying to think of every myth ever forwarded to me through an e-mail and combine them into one hilarious post.. Did I miss?

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I was just expanding on "golf course urban myths."

maybe a little

no, once i re-re-read it, i got it

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

LoL street

I thought americans didnt get irony but that was funny
In My Bag:

golf course urban myths

So be an idiot and throw your clubs...slam them into a bench and see what eventually happens....my take a lttle time....try it!

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood
Cronin Tour irons 4 - PW V-foil 56 Vokey wedge 58 Oil canV-foil 60 G2i CRAZ-E ProV1

I did . I had an old Titleist 975F that i just hated so i hit it with my wedge and broke it --

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I did when I was younger and playing off +1. Had a volcano temper.

That sounds more like a slice, but if you prefer power fade.... OK.... unless of course the OB ran right down the edge of the fairway, or you were playing for a draw.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
I did . I had an old Titleist 975F that i just hated so i hit it with my wedge and broke it --

Uhm, that's not THROWING a club.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea, but it's in the New York Times... When Fox News reports it, THEN I'll believe it..

HAHAHA...I hear that!!! I tried to find it in the local paper to no avail.

was a big story around here for a few days.

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood

I slammed a club into the fairway with an almost brand new 5 iron and received a large ding in the bottom of my club for the effort. I look at it from time to time to remind me not to be stupid.

Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!